News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2008 Season Pictures

Started by valt, October 12, 2008, 04:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Martin

A few shots from opening weekend:

The Spanish knight breaks his lance on the French knight's shield

King Henry's champion

The new look of the Roman Basilica

Sir Martin

Purple Dragon hard at work at The Pirate's Cove.

Some of the beautiful work done by Jodi, the Royal Glassblower

Broadside takes a breather between songs at the unofficial pub sing.  A giant of a man, he is a grand performer with a fine and powerful voice.

Bonny Pearl

I do believe that green knight is my lovely friend Lord Sturm.  I believe I saw him in green this weekend.  A fine fellow indeed.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Fenster

Great pics everyone!  They help me get through the week.  I'll try and take more this weekend then post 2 weeks worth together.

Sir Martin

One of the Gypsy Dance Theatre performers waves her shoe at me while changing footwear between numbers.

A playtron in fantasy wear strolls near Valentine's Academy.

This is Dakota, the artist who designed all of this year's T-shirts, ceramic tankards, coffee mugs and pewter goblets for The Dragonslayer.  She is very talented and also great at interacting with playtrons.

Sir Martin

The Bard O'Neill performs with Queen Anne's Lace at the Mockingbird Music Gazebo.

The Bard O'Neill also attends the unofficial pub sing at the Leek and Daffodil.  Here she plays guitar while the pirate Blackheart waves the Jolly Roger during a rousing sailing song.  Pirate Captain Basil Drake is over on the right.

The Bilge Pumps add their unique flair to the merriment on Saturday afternoon.

Tanyor

Wonderful pictures everyone.  Thanks for wonderfully capturing faire, because I was unable to make it.

Sir Martin enjoyed the pictures. What kind of camera you use?

Al-Nimer

Here's the link to my set from last weekend:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/al-nimer/sets/72157608046554241/

We really enjoyed our first visit to TRF last weekend!  We'd really like to come back this season, but probably won't make it unless our budget gets a windfall.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Sir Martin

Quote from: Tanyor on October 15, 2008, 10:18:36 PM
Wonderful pictures everyone.  Thanks for wonderfully capturing faire, because I was unable to make it.

Sir Martin enjoyed the pictures. What kind of camera you use?

Thanks, Tanyor.  Those pictures were taken with a Canon Digital Rebel XSi that I got a couple months ago.  I've got a lot to learn about the advanced functions as I probably took 350 pictures and deleted over half of them.  TRF is a most beautiful place, but the light conditions can be very challenging.  As a backup, I carried my trusty Canon PowerShot A620 that I've been using for the past three years (I'm a lot more comfortable with it's controls).

mrsmccunn

here is a link to mine for opening weekend.

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q300/mrsmccunn/TRF%202008/TRF%20opening%20wkend%202008/

hope a few make you smile.

twas a fun weekend

Sir Martin

A few shots of the always-fabulous Royal Fireworks.  I hope one of the pyrotechnicians or cast members can tell us what the symbol is that was lit on the Arena floor.

Sir Martin

Fellow R/F member Volans as Lulu de Marsaille - the French Joust Maiden.  She is talented, witty and beautiful ... among the brightest of the young stars on cast at TRF.  Be sure to say "bonjour" to her when you get a chance.

The TRF Performance Company practices for months before opening, and most stay in character for about 11 straight hours per day.  They work passionately so that the rest of us can enjoy the fantasy and majesty of the grandest faire of all.  Take a wee bit of time to interact with them and let them know how much we appreciate their efforts.  They are an integral part of the magic of TRF.

LadyElizabeth

Hear Hear to the cast!!  We appreciate what u do and realize there are few who could do it even half as well!!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Broadside

Sir Martin,

Thank you for the kind words, yes we work had but it is the thing we all love to do, it is our escape also. The hardest thing after performing a character for 11 hours straight is to drop the character at the end of the night. I know that there is a little Broadside turned on for the entire weekend, even when I am not on stage.

I agree with Sir Martin if you feel up to it play with us that is what we are there for. We are there to make the whole world seem as lifelike as possible. YOU would be amazed at how deep most of our persona's run.
"So long and thanks for all the fish!!" D.N.A.

volans

Thank you so much Sir Martin. It's always good to hear that people appreciate our efforts in doing what we love to do.
I sat watching a flower
as it was withering
I was embarrassed by it's honesty