News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MiRF week 8 (roll credits)

Started by Sicari, October 12, 2008, 09:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sicari

So I was going to give this whole big rant about the added weekend and the whole shooting with a professional camera not being alowed and where they could put the movie. Now that a week has gone by I have decided it is just not worth the effort.

Instead I will just say all the pictures are finally up and MiRF is done for another year.

You can find them here http://www.pbase.com/sicari/mirf_08

Sicari

nliedel

Yes, the movie was a tad more intrusive then they led us all to believe it would be. Movie people, not faire management. I am in withdrawal. Thanks for the wonderful photos and the memories I will always have when I look at them.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Jon Foster

Nice shots Sicari. I wasn't even shooting when I had a run in with security during the "filming" too. I was close to asking for my money back (I had 5 or 6 people with me that day) and making a big scene but I vented here and let it go after that.

Jon.

Cyron

i still think it was bs and it did not even happen to me but yall and a few others i know with the bigger better cameras.. i just thank god it was not be cause i would have gotten into trouble.. but i did find out that after showing a the command lawyer the ticket and that sign out front that had they made you leave or not take pictures then you could have put a lawsuit on the film and faire and it would have had a high likelyhood of winning.

but oh well.. it over.. and great pics sicari.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

AbleArcher

Was it just one day that you couldnt shoot, or was it the whole season? I'm a little confused as to why they would do that.  That really sucks for sure, and it would definitley keep me and my money away from faire if they did that here.

Cyron

it was more of a hit and miss thing.. mainly the issues i heard of where in teh last few weeks.. apparently those withthe bigger better camera are all paparatizi (how ever you spell it) at least thats the only reason i can think of for them telling them no photos of the movie peeps.. i know it sure as hell was not so they were not in the way or causing traffic flow problems at the faire as the movie was doing that quite nicely all on it own.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.

Sicari

It was cause of the movie stars. What made me made was the fact that the movie people were not there on Sundays. MiRF has been my home fest for 12yrs now. People know who I am there. If it had happened at an away fest I would not have been so upset. I would have been questioning it, yes.

If they do not want poparazi there don't film during fest hours. Problem solved, period.
This year has left a bad taste in my mouth for MiRF. Luckily I went to Bristol and this weekend I go to Maryland. I only hope that MiRF takes a look at what they are doing and start making some much needed improvements now that they have all that extra money. Michigan is in a very down economy. People are being very choosy with thier money. If treated badly they will remember and not come back.

FireFaerie

Sicari

Some movie with Ann Margret, Mathew Illard(?), Christina Ricci, and Cedric the Entertainer.

Cyron

thanks for that jon..

i think i finally know who this is in the picture and why that person was following her around holding the back of the dress

Sandra Taylor(i think) as Princess Jeanette

taken on september 20th.. before all the issues with the cameras to my knowledge, the day i got yelled at for walking onto there set and messing up the take.. not my fault.. people in a circle and no ropes or signs in my way to somewhere else at the faire is not a good way to say hey dont walk here.

could be wrong but looked like her to me in the pic i saw from imbd.com  if wrong oh well.. theni am just back to wonderin why this person was holdeing her dress and following her around again.. lol  oh and this was with my kick arse canon powershot s45.. lol.   screw all you and your cool cameras.. lol joking.

Ladyfair

Sicari.... great pics!!!!  There were so many folks who got told to put cameras away, glad you posted what you did get!!
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

nliedel

Some people were told to not take certain photos and it was all movie people, not faire management. Personally, I was not at all thrilled with some of the stuff I saw from the movie people, but we're getting a kick-booty stage out of it and some other perks as well. It brought a lot of jobs to the economy, locally and money in. Was it how I would have done it? I don't know. I was asked to be an extra and turned it down. Too many kids to get sitters for.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

DragonWing

:( Sicari, sorry about the trouble you had at faire. BUT it was Ann Margret.  :o

Anyway, great pics and looking forward to meeting you at MDRF. I will be there Sunday by the way.
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)