News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

random comments & chat /crafts

Started by willin, May 12, 2008, 02:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willin

Yackety Yackthis thread is for random comments & chat  :D
Yackety Yackas strange as is sounds. . .  :o
Yackety Yackapparently some forums have been designated 'no comment or chat'    ???
Yackety Yackso here a place to post (craft related recommended but not a rule) comments and to chat. ;D
Yackety Yack
it's all good ! ;)
Yackety Yack
GOT FEET ?

willin

let's try to keep everything friendly

a proclamation by Master Magister which  i wholeheartedly endorse

~willin  ;)
GOT FEET ?

jcbanner

so, if someone says something we dont like, I'm guessing it would be a good idea to "Don't talk back"? ;)

Magister

LOL.. Willin...

The reason some threads are designated no comments or chat is simple.  They are for sharing work, pictures, recipes, etc.  This helps people be able to find what they are looking for more easily.  Since the "search" function of the website is limited at the moment, anything we can do is helpful.

You can create new threads if you have something else on your mind, or a question for the crafting community.  However, if you're just looking for a place to talk about nothing we offer many areas in the Mundane Topics, John's Inn, and if faire related Squire's Tavern where that can be accomplished.

I'll leave this thread unlocked for now.. because a little random silliness is good for creativity.

- Mag

Ohh and yes... everyone play nice... it's easy to be a critic.. but hard to be an artist.
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

Tami MacLeod

No your allowed to  talk in the crafting part
it saids in the title
A place for crafty people to show and discuss their projects.

that means talking about your projects as well, and that also means you can ask questions, state facts, or add info as well, and you can say hello, and tell things about what their crafting too.

Willin what you said was discussing, and that is welcomed

also by someone saying wow it smells good in here, is also discussing, meaning the scent of the soaps from the recipies

so yes you can chat some, just don't let it get out of hand i think is what he meant

cause just asking, hows the soaps coming today, is still discussing the craft

jcbanner

Quote from: Magister on May 12, 2008, 05:38:42 PM

Ohh and yes... everyone play nice... it's easy to be a critic.. but hard to be an artist.

I think I once heard someone describing art critics as knowing just enough about art to know the right terms to talk about it with out knowing enough to actually make anything.

Hows that for a change? Bashing the bashers!

Tami MacLeod

also i sure do not like the idea of lumping everything into one topic, it sucks..

if i was looking for lip balm recipes that mean i have to  go through the 100's of recipes of lotions soaps and the liek just to find lip balms
if you don't knwo how to set it up Mags, just ask, i have a few i run and own...
but you cant lump everything into one  thread, it wont work

I had the threads listed, by soaps recipes, lip balms, lotions, for easy grabbing recipies
isn't that what we want
easy access?

willin

here come the comments now !

:-X
GOT FEET ?

Magister

Moira:

Forgive me, but I'm well aware of how to setup the forum, but thank you for the offer.

Also, it will have to work.  I don't like the idea of a hundred different threads for Soaps, Lotions, etc.  I think people can handle the one thread per craft type for now.  I like to keep the recipe threads stickied in order to allow people to find them more easily, and I won't have a hundred different stickies either.  It's a compromise. 

Let us see how long we will be over on this server before we move back to another at the old host.  If our time here extends indefinitely I'm sure there will be some growing depending on which threads truly get the most use.

If you have a specific question about something please feel free to create other threads, but for recipes whether beer, meade, or cordial we'll keep them together.  Same for soaps, lotions, etc. 

Thank you,

Magister
    Crafting Corner Moderator

Magister

renren

If this is about what I posted, it was meant only in appreciation of the crafter's knowledge...
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Magister

renren:

Yep.. as we discussed in private mail.. that stuff was fine.  The "heart" of the matter is trying to keep main threads on topic.  That's it.  Feel free to comment on the recipes, or discuss them... Just trying to keep the utterly random out... we have a place here for that now thanks to Willin ;)

- Mag

As a "I'm not perfect" comment... I copied and pasted the rules in to all of the main craft type threads.. and it seems I typo'd once.. so I typo'd half a dozen times.  It should read something like, "please don't comment NOT about..."  not.. "please don't comment about".  I'm going through and correcting it where I see it.  Ugh.  My kung fu was not strong this morning.

Magister

Spinster

Quote from: Magister on May 12, 2008, 06:20:12 PM
Ugh.  My kung fu was not strong this morning.

That was pre-caffeine. You are forgiven.

-ducks and covers-
I've been turned into a cow. May I be excused?

willin

well thoughts were expressed and hopefully the air has been cleared  :-\

anyone care to comment about the sky, grass, or kittens ?

;)
GOT FEET ?

Tami MacLeod

yes grass
i just found a new scent, for soap.. its called fresh cut grass, and it smells so fresh too... i wonder if anyone would buy a soap scented to smell like grass lol

renren

Quote from: willin on May 13, 2008, 02:41:41 AM

well thoughts were expressed and hopefully the air has been cleared  :-\

anyone care to comment about the sky, grass, or kittens ?

;)

The air has been cleared!
Thank goodness for Lysol...
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Tami MacLeod

RenX2
HUGGLES

my batch of soap didnt trace... makes me so mad when that happens, it was smelling so good too with a new herbal FO i used.. i had to mix it for a long long time, i let the temp drop to much...