News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Problems with the community fire

Started by MacLaren, October 13, 2008, 02:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yrose

I have to say my fav is a Beretta 9MM and for a good small carry a Bersa 380.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

PyroMaster

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on February 25, 2009, 07:10:46 AM
Quote from: PyroMaster on February 24, 2009, 02:13:53 PM
Bypasses due process.

With all respect PyroMaster, due process is a govermental protection.  The whole idea behind vigilante justice is that the goverment is left out of the mix thereby streamlining the process.  "Justice delayed is justice denied" works both ways.  Swift, sure and reasonable punishment would do more to reduce crime than our current judicial system could ever hope to achieve.  Of course, I am old fashioned, I'd like to see the return of stocks & the pillory in the public square used for minor transgressions.

I have a pretty good grip on due process  ;) ... The question was "what is the problem with...". Bypassing due process is a problem in my opinion since there are no checks or balances to prevent abuse.  And let's not confuse personal protection with vigilantism.

Oh, by the way, .40cal or HN Five-seveN FTW!

-M

Do not burden yourself with the secrets of scary people.

Rani Zemirah

So, does all this indicate the overwhelming presence of fire arms in TRF camping this season... because I probably won't be there with my daughter if it does?!?
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Yrose

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on February 26, 2009, 08:50:34 PM
So, does all this indicate the overwhelming presence of fire arms in TRF camping this season... because I probably won't be there with my daughter if it does?!?

They do not allow firearms in the campgrounds, it's in the hand out they give. Besides you would still have to be licensed to carry it.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Blue66669

Of course there are fire arms.... didn't you guys see that fire troupe a couple of seasons ago?
Blaidd Drwg

Rani Zemirah

Now those are the kind of fire arms I don't mind being around!!!  LOL

I am soooo ready to see some fire play!!! Nothing like watching spinners burn the beat during a tight rhythm! I'll be bringing all my drums, but I'd rather play a private circle than the main, I think...   8)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Chris B

Leave this thread alone and look what happens to it.  Did someone say firearm?

Glock 31 .357 Sig with Trijicon orange back, green front sights and an Insight Techonology tac light on it anyday of the week.

Concealment would be a Sig P232.

Rani Zemirah

Oh well... it almost got back to a discussion of the fire, itself...  :-\
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Chris B

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on February 27, 2009, 10:56:16 AM
Oh well... it almost got back to a discussion of the fire, itself...  :-\

Yawn.  That horse had been thoroughly beaten, skinned, quartered, cooked, and eaten by now. 

Blue66669

Blaidd Drwg

Rani Zemirah

And yet the thread still exists... LOL  Bit stringy, perhaps, but still garnering interest. 

I know you're very fond of your firearms, though, Chris! Do I get one also if I move down there?   ;D

It would be nice to see a thread about fun TRF camping topics!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Chris B

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on February 27, 2009, 11:21:55 AM
And yet the thread still exists... LOL  Bit stringy, perhaps, but still garnering interest. 

I know you're very fond of your firearms, though, Chris! Do I get one also if I move down there?   ;D

Hmmmm. How about some McLotofus jam sessions.

Rani Zemirah

Now we're talkin'!!! I'll be bringing three small/medium djembes, plus a whole basket of various percussion instruments and a didge... and I know there's at least one fire pit there most weekends!

Anyone else?!?
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Luciana

Quote from: Chris B on February 27, 2009, 11:55:26 AM
Quote from: Rani Zemirah on February 27, 2009, 11:21:55 AM

Hmmmm. How about some McLotofus jam sessions.

Interesting idea ... I will not mind listening to the beat or even dancing on it.
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

Blue66669

That's it, someone take Rani's keyboard away!!!

Can't we kill this thread already?!?!?!?
Blaidd Drwg