News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Problems with the community fire

Started by MacLaren, October 13, 2008, 02:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

(falls out of chair while laughing and blowing massive raspberry at Blue!)

OW!!!

Only if we start the new, fun thread!!!  LOL
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

SirRichardBear

Quote from: blue66669 on February 27, 2009, 12:52:39 PM
That's it, someone take Rani's keyboard away!!!

Can't we kill this thread already?!?!?!?

You know there is only one way to kill a zombie, put salt on its tail.  opps did I get me mythos confused?
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

brier patch charlie

Charles Coleman

Lord Dragonspyre

Hmmm.... Kimber's nice, if a bit pricey.

Glock's pretty good... for a disposable plastic gun.

I prefer pistols over revolvers, but dang I want a Taurus Judge.

It's a five-shot revolver that fires both .45 long and .410 shells.

::drool::
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

NoBill Lurker

Quote from: Lord Dragonspyre on February 28, 2009, 07:44:49 AM
Hmmm.... Kimber's nice, if a bit pricey.

I prefer pistols over revolvers, but dang I want a Taurus Judge.

It's a five-shot revolver that fires both .45 long and .410 shells.

::drool::

Or you could go for that S&W revolver that fires .500 cal.
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

KeeperoftheBar

That .50 S&W must recoil something terrible.  One I knew an idiot who put checkered grips on his .44 Mag.  Tore the palms of his hands something terrible.  He then changed the grips back to the plain ones.  I tried to warn him, but would he listen?  No.......
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Chris B

Disposable plastic gun my arse.  Talk to me again when you've kicked in a door or two for a living..... :P

Lord Dragonspyre

Quote from: Chris B on March 02, 2009, 08:44:57 AM

Disposable plastic gun my arse.  Talk to me again when you've kicked in a door or two for a living..... :P

Just kidding about the Glock though. It's pretty good, and easy to maintain. Great for beginners and a good standby for the advanced crowd.

I'd still take a Kimber, Colt, or Sig over a Glock any day of the week.

Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

maelstrom0370

Not that I'm a major "gun nut", but....

Colt Python .357, 4" barrell (Your choice of ammo)

Short, sweet and to the point.

If it jams, just pull the trigger again and, let's face it, if you can't down whatever it is you're shooting at with 6 of those monsters, then the extras you get out of your Glock or Sig probably aren't going to make that much difference.

If you want to get even more to the point, a simple Mossberg 500 will solve most of your problems.  Hell, just racking a shell in a dark house will send 99.9% of your "home invaders" scurrying out the nearest door or window.

SirRichardBear

You know when someone has more money than sense.  At the local indoor range someone next to me was shooting a 500 S&W Magnum with a laser sight at 10 feet they missed the entire target with ever shot.  They would have been better throwing the revolver than trying to shot it. 

It was like the line from the orginal Dawn of the Dead
Peter: Ain't it a crime.
Stephen: What?
Peter: The only person who could miss with this gun is the sucker with the bread to buy it.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Zaubon

Can we bring this back to things Ren related. I've listened to my gun is better than your gun urinating contests for forty years. There are lots of places I can go if I want to hear more.

Carl Heinz

Quote from: SirRichardBear on March 02, 2009, 03:58:47 PM
At the local indoor range someone next to me was shooting a 500 S&W Magnum with a laser sight at 10 feet they missed the entire target with ever shot.

About the only thing a laser pointer would do for me is to advertise just how shaky my aim has gotten.

Used to drive herself from the range when I'd unlimber the Dan Wesson 44 mag.  She really likes her Taurus .357.  Some of the baby Kimbers are very nice for concealed.  I've got a couple of Glocks as well as Kimbers.  If you want to trick out your Glocks, I like the Glockmeister in Phoenix.  Does wonders for the trigger pull.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

SirRichardBear

You would perfer my basket broadsword is better than your skinny rapier?   :D

Personally I'm hoping with the changes they put in place last season we've turned the corner on problems with the community fire.  
Benjamin Franklin

RenRobin

Quote from: Zaubon on March 02, 2009, 04:10:19 PM
Can we bring this back to things Ren related. I've listened to my gun is better than your gun urinating contests for forty years. There are lots of places I can go if I want to hear more.

DITTO!
Loki-terr (in training)