News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Winter Exchange

Started by rengeek77, October 13, 2008, 04:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengeek77

Hello all!  Haven't been on here as much as I have wanted lately, so before I get this thang going, just wanted to make sure no one else has started it? 

If not, let's get this show on the road!  The Midsummer Exchange was done on kind of short notice, so now we have the luxury of an extra month to sign people up and get names exchanged...and figure out what to make/buy!
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene
myspace.com/galleonsandgold
flickr.com/photos/prosperoandmiranda

Ottheinrich

Blue66669

Count me in as well- WOOHOO for presents! Does anyone have a copy of the questionairre?
Blaidd Drwg

rengeek77

Muahahaha...our first victim...uhh...I mean....

So here is the survey again, and if anyone has any questions they want to add to "enhance the gift-giving experience", let me know, and I will gladly add them.

1 .Favorite Color:
2. Hobbies:  
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:
4. One interesting fact about yourself:
5. Favorite Movie/Book:
6. One word to describe you:
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum :
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?

I am going to make the sign-up deadline one month from now, so Thursday, November 13th.  

I'll post rules/shipping deadlines here in just a bit, I have to go back and copy and paste. :)  
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene

Tygrkat

Count me in this time too...now that I'm not planning a wedding - and feeling (a little)less shy  ;)

...I'll post survey answers shortly  :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

rengeek77

Don't be shy!  Just let it all out, we're rennies, we're used to it. :) 

Okay, here we go...

Please post the responses to the questionnaire here on the forum (and if you can think of anything else that would be helpful, please do add it!  We can never know TOO much...well, wait, I suppose we actually could...but you know what I mean  ;) ).  Then please email me your forum name, real name, and mailing address to rengeek77@hotmail.com.  No need to put it in any type of Word or other format, just an email is fine!  

Deadline to mail gifts out will be December 16th (that is a Tuesday...didn't want to shock you into doing something urgent on a Monday!), so that people should have them in hand before whichever holiday they choose to celebrate (remember, Festivus is on the 23rd this year...and every year).  Don't feel like you need to spend a small fortune!  I know this year has been rough for a lot of people financially.  As always, the minimum price is a stamp and an envelope.  In the past, people have received books, faire accessories, faire favors, CDs, DVDs, calendars, all kinds of beautiful hand made items...be creative!  

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE (I cannot say please enough on this one!!!), if you think there is a chance that you will not be able to afford to do this, do NOT sign up!  Wait until May when we start our Midsummer Exchange again.  It is not fair to the person who is waiting for a gift to have their secret gift fairy back out at the last minute.  I *do* understand that sometimes unexpected situations happen after you have signed up...if that is the case, just let me know, and I will get your person rematched.  But if you are expecting to be a little short on dough this year, please do not sign up!  

Just a warning...we did have one gift in the midsummer exchange that disappeared in transit (not sure if it was found?)...though USPS is generally reliable, I thought I would let you know, so that you can decide if you want to use UPS (they are actually pretty cheap if it is a light box), or at least spend a dollar for a return receipt.  Absolutely not necessary, but if you have had issues with mail before...
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene

Blue66669

1 .Favorite Color: red and black!
2. Hobbies:  throwing parties, entertaining, reading, RENFAIRE!
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Yes I wear jewelry- I prefer silver, and stones in red, black, and amber shades. I also have a thing for pirate jewelry...
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I collect hair from my friends and family and keep it in a jar
5. Favorite Movie/Book: the TWILIGHT series. I have all four, can't wait for the ultimate guidebook to come out!
6. One word to describe you: shameless
7. Anything else you wish to include: Um- I really enjoy pie. Pecan Pie. Cheesecake. SUGAR!!!!
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : um, everybody?
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  yesh i do!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) nope!
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) mmm, sandalwood, vanillas, nag champa, and AMBER!
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TRF is my home faire, and Scarby is my new buddy!
Blaidd Drwg

Tygrkat

1 .Favorite Color: If I have to pick just one, it'd be purple, but I love pink, red, blue, green, and silver too!
2. Hobbies: Besides daydreaming about going to Faire?...Hiking, Camping, other outdoorsy stuff,Reading, listening to music (everything from RenMusic and classical to rock/metal/black metal/death metal/industrial/experimental/darkwave...pretty much anything except rap - and I make a very few exceptions there, too),  learning to make my own garb and jewelry...
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:yes, but earrings are tricky since both of my earlobes are gauged (sp?) beyond the 'normal' jewelry range...my 'ring' finger is a size 5, the other fingers are proportionately larger (or smaller in the case of the pinky  ;)), and I prefer silver to gold given the option.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: here's two, just for fun: I know how to eat fire, and I have scratched the tummy of an actual tiger on more than one occasion.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: It is waaaaaay too hard to pick just one - I love horror movies & fiction ( Clive Barker -on both counts- and H.P. Lovecraft especially), I also love comedy - Monty Python, The Big Lebowski, Raising Arizona...and for writers David Sedaris, Augusten Burroughs...there are tons more but in the interest of saving bandwidth for everyone else, I'll stop there.
6. One word to describe you: Mercurial
7. Anything else you wish to include: You can never go wrong with chocolate...or wine...or mead... ;)  but if you're in doubt, feel free to ask  ;D ...also, I LOVE peacocks, all creatures but cats especially, and jellyfish and caterpillars really creep me out!!!
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : I have met a couple of people from the forum at Sterling, but only very briefly.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Not yet.
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) No food allergies, just the pollen/dander/smoke/other random airborne stuff (but incense doesn't bother me - unless it's too flowery)
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) I love warm, woody,earthy, spicy, and fruity scents...not too fond of the heavily floral smells - they usually make me sneeze  :-[ and I strongly dislike patchouli
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Sterling is my home Faire, and I try to make the trip to BARF when I can - it was my first Faire and I still have family and friends who attend every year.
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

gypsylakat

1 .Favorite Color:
2. Hobbies:  Renaissance Festivals, being crafty (my latest endeavor is hair sticks from chopsticks), Music (I sing Mezzo Soprano at my College), making garb
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I  mostly wear rings and necklaces, usually silver although I have some gold too, Ring size is a 8 1/2
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I wish I could afford to go to faire more often? No jk, uhmm I go to GMU err. I like pink...
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Right now I really like the tv series True Blood, really like the twilight books, read em all and own em all as well as the Uglies series.. can't wait for the movie
6. One word to describe you: Wild
7. Anything else you wish to include: I love hats and the color pink (in fact i have a pink fedora)
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : No one. :(
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  No :( (my money usually goes to buying presents for others and clothes... not to buying presents for me)
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) None
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Vanilla, velocity perfume by mary kay (no idea what to classify that scent as) Melon
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? MDRF
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

wildthingjew

count me in please, and here are my answers to the post:

1 .Favorite Color:  green
2. Hobbies:  travel, ren faires
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:  all of the above, silver, 7 and above
4. One interesting fact about yourself:
5. Favorite Movie/Book: gone with the wind
6. One word to describe you: hones
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : lady renee buchanan,
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) none
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) rain, greensleeves,
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? bristol, stronghold
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

CapnFayeCutler

Ooh yay! Count me in, this was so much fun last year!

1 .Favorite Color: Blue and green
2. Hobbies:  Drawing, making garb, video games, watching movies, hiking, camping, travelling, rock/fossil hunting!
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I am a girl so of course I love jewelry. Silver's good, because I'm allergic to everything else. Ring size 8.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I'm a rockhound and all around outdoors girl.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Movie: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Book: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
6. One word to describe you: Random!
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm also a bit of a computer geek...though aren't we all a little bit?
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : IRL: Wow that list has grown! I'm gonna just throw in the KYHRFers, the Loveland Castleteers, and ORFers! As for the forum, well that list is even bigger!
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yep!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) I'm lactose intolerant. Boo to that!
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Plumeria, Mango, Jasmine, Freesia, stuff like that.
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Home faire: TNRF, Other faires I go to a lot: KYHRF, ORF
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Kahlan Rose

1 .Favorite Color: Green...2nd is red...3rd is purple
2. Hobbies:  Sewing (amateur), hiking, reading, crafts
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:I rarely wear jewelry, except my promise ring
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I'm absolutely frightened of marshmellows
5. Favorite Movie/Book: The Sword of Truth Series
6. One word to describe you: Goofy
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm extremely random and fun loving, the sad thing is that I still enjoy doing things I did when I was 10
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum :
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Nope
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Peanut butter, pecans
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Rose, vanilla
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Minnesota Renaissance Faire, Bristol Renaissance Faire

Count me in, I can't wait!!!!

Alyssa

Martin Montgomery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 .Favorite Color: Blue or silver
2. Hobbies: Reading,Renfaire, (Amateur) Story Writing 
3. Do you wear jewelry, Rings! (Size 12 I think (Lost alot of weight!),No Earrings (Not Pierced), Necklaces  -Color: Silver or Steel please 
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I Had Gastric Bypass and I have Lost @300 #'s!!
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Star Wars/LOTR/- Really any Science Fiction/Fantasy
6. One word to describe you:  friends call me "Theatrical"  ???
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm fun loving but some would call me "Childish or Strange"
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Queen Bonnie,Teach and Trinn,Welsh Wench,Many others!!!! I am SO lucky!!
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes!!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) No allergies ,but I did have Bypass and can't handle the baked goodies!!  :'( 
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Cinnamon,Nag Champa almost anything (If it smells good I like it!!)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TRF and Scarby

Half the man I used to be!! 
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Ottheinrich

1 .Favorite Color: Burgundy but you cant go wrong with black and gold
2. Hobbies:  Ren Faires, Mountain Biking and hanging out in my bar
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I love rings but I can never find them in my size 12-16
4. One interesting fact about yourself: My first R/F pin was given to me by John
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Jaws and a close second would be PotC
6. One word to describe you: Colossal
7. Anything else you wish to include: I m shy till I get to know You
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : I dont even know where to start.... Mast Hugger Kate (wife) 
9. Do you have an R/F pin? I have 4  
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) None
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) SandalWood and Gingerbread during the holidays
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Scarby is home but I attend MiddleFaire, Fourwinds, and TRF

TiaLD77

Jumping In!
1 .Favorite Color: Greens & blues
2. Hobbies:  Sewing, Henna, Tatting (Lace),
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Yes! rings sz 8, Necklaces 22-24 inch chain, earings - hoops or french wire, not to dangly, Gold! Silver sits in the jewelry box & collects Dust
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I am generally reading 2-3 books at the same time.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Anythgin Sci fi, current obsessions is FireFly/Serenity, SM Stirling (Dies the fire Series)
6. One word to describe you: Eclectic
7. Anything else you wish to include: I love good paper, pens, & Other desk accessories
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Mistress Charlotte, Anne Of Oaktower
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes Just ordered one!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) None that I know of, I dont really like licorice though (its ok in Biscotti)
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) cooking spices, Vanilla, (Coffee scents give me a headache)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Pittsburgh, PARF
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)