News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Winter Exchange

Started by rengeek77, October 13, 2008, 04:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I'm in for the fun

1 .Favorite Color: Blue's
2. Hobbies: Faire, Photography, D&D, Hiking, Reading Fantasy and History, Movies, playing and listening to music
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Ear rings, Necklaces, Bracelets when I can find them that fit my large wrists (size 8+ there) Necklace 18" is my cirfumfrance, Silver and gold, silver more though
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I am a published PC Game Scenario Designer (Age of Rifles Expansion Disk 3 Scenarios)
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Lord of the Rings movie and book
6. One word to describe you: Tall
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm just now figuring out who I am and it's not easy going through that 44 years into life.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Lady Katherine, Blushing, Pirate Zoe, Ginger, Toki, Demetrius, Purple Dragon, Volens,
9. Do you have an R/F pin? No
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) None I am aware of
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Vanilla, and Berry scents
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Colorado Renaissance Festival
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

rengeek77

Yay, check us out!  Looks like it will be a nice big group this go around. Remember to email me your forum name, IRL name, and mailing address after you fill out your survey.  rengeek77@hotmail.com

1 .Favorite Color: green, green, and probably some green. 
2. Hobbies: faire, piracy, sewing, beading, making jewelry, Lewis and Clark, history, travel, reading, gardening, harassing my black cats, staring at black cats, cuddling black cats, tattoos
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:  I love jewelry, silver especially.  Umm...fat fingers, but I have ten of them, so if it is a size 6-7 or above it will fit one of them. 
4. One interesting fact about yourself:  Uuuhh...I believe Trent Reznor is not far from divinity.   
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Way too many to choose from.  All the typical period pieces and sci fi/fantasy.  For books, I really prefer a good biography.  Right now I am reading a Meriwether Lewis biography from the 1960s.
6. One word to describe you:  pushover.
7. Anything else you wish to include:  I am an overworked, stressed out HR manager, and faire is my escape--as it is for many of you, I know. 
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Master James, Boom Boom, Nyteshade, Abagial Fairbottom, Malcolm, Sir Clisto....heck, I still don't know who has made it back on to this forum. 
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  yep!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)  Shellfish, but as always, I seriously doubt anyone will be sending me lobster cookies.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Patchouli (I love patchouli!), sandalwood (I love sandalwood!), neroli, cinnamon, clove, herby sents (yeah, yeah....NOT WHAT I MEANT), mowed grass, bread....
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  KCRF, StLRF, StLPF
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene
myspace.com/galleonsandgold
flickr.com/photos/prosperoandmiranda

Cormac

I hope there is no exclusion for newbies.  Here goes...

1 .Favorite Color:Black, brown
2. Hobbies:Fishing, Archery (ELB and recurve), Faire
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:Yes, but my ring fingers are full and I have no holes for anything else.
4. One interesting fact about yourself:I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue and my eyes change color with my mood.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Movie-Time line, lord of the rings, star wars, falling down.
6. One word to describe you: Different
7. Anything else you wish to include: I am recovering from shyness.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Seeing as I am a newbie....no one.
9. Do you have an R/F pin? Nope.
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Nope.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc) Fresh clean scents like the sea or clean, fresh linens that have dried on the line in the sun and fresh air.
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? KCRF, StlRF, OKRF

SarviaRose

1 .Favorite Color: Dark Purple
2. Hobbies:  crafts of all kinds
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:I dont wear much jewelry but the stuff I do ear is silver in color
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I like to travel
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Movie - Whistper of the Heart   Book - LOTRs
6. One word to describe you: wallflower
7. Anything else you wish to include: have fun
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : The BS Crew, Luciana and a few others
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  somewhere around here
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) nope
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Liliac, tea rose, lavender
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Bristol is home and which ever other ones I can get to
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

Elnarii

Oooh how fun!  Count me in! :) 8)

1 .Favorite Color: Green!
2. Hobbies:  quilting, camping, reading, and most recently - trying to sew garb!
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: but of course!  I can't wear the wire earrings, but I have pierced ears... wear all the rest... rings, bracelets, necklaces... plus one set of piercings that is 12 gauge but not visible... silver is my preferred metal
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I love to sew (machine) and embroider (hand) but I absolutely cannot get the hang of crocheting ...
5. Favorite Movie/Book: movie - Donnie Darko, book - Dark Tower 4, Wizard and Glass
6. One word to describe you: hmm... goofy... lol
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm a huge RenFaire Addict... hehe... but who on this forum isn't?
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : None yet!  Will change that soon, though.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  no... didn't even know about them until tonight when I stumbled across the post
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) none
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) nothing floral... gives me headaches... I love fruity and earthy scents
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  TRF is home faire... been to Scarby twice...

Master James

Thanks for doing this again!

1 .Favorite Color:  Blue
2. Hobbies: Faire, faire and oh yeah, faire.  I also LOVE fabric and designing garb (its a faire thing  )
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:  I have one earring and do where rings but adjustable ones in gold to go with character at faire would be nice.
4. One interesting fact about yourself:  I am a Life Member of the Girl Scouts
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Star Wars/Kushiel series
6. One word to describe you: Fun
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Rengeek77, Scotsman, Spanky, Willensole, Reese, Aidenoffairfax, LairdeGuardnMCrack, Peddln MCrack, Hiberian, Lady Jai, TimT, Lady Gloriana, Amaras Elfwine, Black Fox, Lady Guiness, Dallan, Decuor, Lord Wriosothely, Lady Amy of York and a quite a few others but I can't list them all here or it would be a very long list.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)  Caffine and that unfortunately means chocolate unless its processed with alkalai which removes most of the caffine.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Vanilla
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  VARF is home and regularly attend NCRF, MDRF, PARF and CRF

You already have my real name and address so won't be sending it.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

rengeek77

Yes I do...JimBob McGoo, 123 Squirrelybutt Lane, somewhere back East.  :)

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

Just wanted to give this thread a bump in the forums, AND remind all that the sign-up deadline is next week, on Thursday.  Still plenty of time to sign up if you were on the fence before! 
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene

Peddlin

If it all right with everyone, I believe I will join you.

Here goes:

1 .Favorite Color: The entire rainbow
2. Hobbies: Faire, travel, friends
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Yes - rings, earrings (pierced), bracelets
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I wandered India, all by myself
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Sand and Foam (Gibran), The Second Son (Sailer)
6. One word to describe you: Unique
7. Anything else you wish to include: Fiercely loyal to my family and friends
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : All of the M'Cracks and a whole lot of other people
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Not yet, but will eventually
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Diabetic, so no sugar (but love sweets)
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) vanilla & cinnamon (?)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? At this point, I am homeless, but this year I have been to NCRF, TNRF, KHRF, VARF, PARF, MDRF and will be going to CRF for closing weekend. If I have forgotten anybody, I do sincerely apologize, but it is getting harder and harder to keep track.

If you need anything else, just holler.

Peddlin

Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Celtic Lady

I'd like to partake of this tradition. Please add me to the list.

Here is my list:

1 .Favorite Color: earthy colors... medium to dark greens, browns

2. Hobbies: horses (esp. Arabian horses)/horseback riding, photography (digital)(beginner level), plasticpoint (needlepoint on plastic canvas), music... mainly country but I like most except Rap, reading, faire (but at the newbie level), bird feeding, crafts (when I have the time)

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: yes... rings size 9, necklaces, bracelets, earrings (pierced) especially of celtic knotwork

4. One interesting fact about yourself: When I was seventeen I bought my first horse and trained him myself. At that time I had very limited experiences with horses.

5. Favorite Movie/Book: movies - too many to list... comedies, romance, animated (Disney or similar), some sci fi, some dramas. no horror at all. books - don't read that much as I tend to fall asleep way to easy.

6. One word to describe you: peaceful

7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm getting married at MiRF next September. I love chocolates and caramels, homemade goodies, emeralds, hawks, wolves, cats, Arabian horses, and family

8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : no one yet

9. Do you have an R/F pin?: yes

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): no food allergies that I know of.

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): apple, woodsy smells, Christmas/pine scents, water

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?: MiRF and Des Moines

Dustin

1 .Favorite Color: blue and earth tones (browns, greys, blacks, dark greens)
2. Hobbies:  history, genealogy, theatre, internet games, trivia, reading
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: rings, some necklaces - ring size 9-1/2 or 10, any necklaces should be fairly long, as I have a large neck
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Every other year, I organize a living history event at a local historic cemetery, including writing and directing 7 to 10 five minute monologues.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: tough one.... Lord of the Rings books and movies, Harry Potter books and movies
6. One word to describe you: geek
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm a total theatre geek, and I have a love for history. I've actually majored in both of those subjects at different points of my college career. I someday hope to get involved in Civil War reenacting, which combines both of these interests.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : No one really, though I have met Lady Renee Buchanan and Whistler Fred
9. Do you have an R/F pin?   nope
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) no food allergies, but lots of nasal allergies (see #11)
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) I'm allergic to most (especially florals), but I'm ok with most food scents (vanilla is my fave)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Four Kingdoms, Stronghold (and hope to attend Dubuque and Jubilee next year, and maybe Bristol in the future)
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Celtic Lady

As I am new to this wonderful tradition, I was wondering how and when do we find out to whom we are matched with.

rengeek77

Hello all!  Our group is growing, looks like we will have a nice large mix of people for this exchange. 

CelticLady--once the sign-up deadline is over (Thursday), I will send out everyone's partner.  It will go to the email you used to send me your mailing address.  Look for those to come no later than Saturday evening!  I'll post on this thread when they are out, so everyone will know to look. 
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene

irish

It was fun last year.....so here I am again!  ;D

1 .Favorite Color: greenish hues
2. Hobbies:  sewing, ren. faire, hiking, photography
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: pierced earrings, necklaces, size 9 rings
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I volunteer with the handicapped.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Phantom of the Opera....the Andrew Lloyd Webber, one.
6. One word to describe you: fun
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Lady Amy,Cobalt
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) none
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) musky,woodsy..not flowery scents...
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Sterling
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Emerald Shaunassey

Count me in as well, this sounds like fun!  And here is my survey.

1. Favorite Color: Hunter Green
2. Hobbies:  Genealogy, attending Pow Wows when I have time, Reading - prefer Sci-Fi (Mercedes Lackey, Anne McAffrey, etc) and history (Celtic, Irish, English history through QE1), and running/performing with my stage show. 
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I wear jewelry at faire only; rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets.  Prefer silver rather than gold.  Prefer green stones in silver settings - I love malachite.  Rings - long yet fat fingers - anywhere from a 12 (index fingers) on down to a 7 (pinkie fingers).
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Here are three of them: 1) Grew up between Oklahoma and Old Mexico.  2) Am a Registered Nurse,  and 3) Am a volunteer photographer for a genealogical grave finding service.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Movie: Many of them - history, drama, sci-fi, and "light" horror (M. Night Shamaylan).  Book: Again many of them are favorites.
6. One word to describe you: Eclectic or possible OCD (should be CDO - it's alphabetical!) or possibly ADHD.
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm horrible about remembering people's names but not a face (and usually where I met said person at or know them from).
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Aside from a couple of my friends who have joined, I have met Queen Bonnie in person at Excalibur then again at TRF this season.  I know Mad Jack Wolfe, Rumba, and a few others from the Pyracy Pub.  Don't think I've met anyone else
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes, I do.
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): None to foods.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): Earthy scents - cedar oil, musks, honeysuckle, lilac, amber, spices like all spice and clove.
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  Home faires: Scarlet's Mid Winter & Northwest Arkansas Ren Faire.  Have worked (previously, once, or repeatedly): two previous faires plus OKRF (no longer work there), KAF (now defunct), Lawton, Messina, Norman Med Fair, KCRF, Great Plains (Fall), Festival of the Dragon, GSLRF, Both Mansfield, Mo faires (both defunct), Hamlet of Mid-Missouri (formerly Slater Ren Faire now defunct), Jefferson City Ren Fest, RFotM (Council Bluffs), Midwest Ren Fest, Four Winds, Scarby, Old Excalibur (new site), Enchanted Forest Ren Fest (Ingleside Ren Fest), Illinois Ren Faire (Danville).  Have visited: Bristol, twice; and TRF (for the first time, 4th weekend of 2008).
13. Favorite Music: Irish/Celtic (Enya, Cheiftains, The High Kings, Clannad, etc), 80's Rock (Def Leppard) and Techno (Eurythmics),  most anything that has a good beat to it.
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Tammy

Ok, So I know I'm REALLY new, but I'd love to join in!

1. Favorite Color: blue, earthy tones
2. Hobbies:  cross stitching, sculpey, whittling, reading, listening to music, anything Ren Faire related! Addicted to the internet!
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I prefer silver, I wear all the above. Ring sizes are 7 1/2, 8 1/2 and 9
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I love anything to do with faeries.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Too many to list...I like romances based in historical fact. Love the Twilight series (glad I'm not the only one!!)
6. One word to describe you: different (in most circles...probably a little normal around here though  ;) )
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm pagan (I know religion isn't an allowed topic, but it's a HUGE part of who I am)
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: No one yet...hoping to fix that this Saturday!
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Nope.
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): Nothing food-wise.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): lavender, vanilla
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  CRF 

Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.