News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Winter Exchange

Started by rengeek77, October 13, 2008, 04:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferret

Thank you for the chance to participate.
Ferret

1 .Favorite Color:  Blue
2. Hobbies:  Railroads
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: No
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Attitude
5. Favorite Movie/Book:  Full Metal Jacket, Edgar Allen Poe works
6. One word to describe you: Ego
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm happy.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Storm
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  No
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)  No
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Fall leaves, Spring rain.
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  MNRF

rengeek77

Hello everyone!  Just a reminder that today is the last day to sign up, midnight is the deadline (okay, if you sneak in at 12:04, I really won't notice, but you know what I mean). 

Thank you to everyone who has signed up!  I am excited that we have such a big group, I am looking forward to seeing what creative gifts everyone receives.

I have not gone through yet to double check, so we may be okay on this, but just in case...if you have emailed me your information, but not posted your survey, please be sure to do so (and vice versa)!  I think everyone has taken care of both, but I have been swamped at work and have not double checked yet.  Will do so this weekend. 
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene
myspace.com/galleonsandgold
flickr.com/photos/prosperoandmiranda

Lady Ann of Draycott

Ok, I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to go ahead and participate in this again.

1. Favorite Color:  Dark Plum, Wine or Burgundy. My garb is mostly gold, black, white and dark plum, wine or burgundy. 

2. Hobbies:  Horses, reading romance novels, camping, fishing and hiking.

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:  PEARLS!!!  I love pearls and that's what I mostly wear with my garb.  I also like pins and brooches, Celtic designs and dangly earrings.

4. One interesting fact about yourself:  Know the book, Broadway musical or movie "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" or the song "La Grange" by ZZ Top? Well, it's all based on a story that was inspired by the real-life "Chicken Ranch" in La Grange, Texas and I live there.  It's funny how many times I've heard "You mean that place was real?" Yep!  ;)

5. Favorite Movie/Book:  My favorite movie is "Ever After" with Drew Barrymore and Dougray Scott; my favorite books are the Draycott Abbey Series by Christina Skye.

6. One word to describe you:  Eclectic

7. Anything else you wish to include:  I love collecting faire favors and other special trinkets that remind me of faire or of my fairmily.  EloquentXI gave me a little gold rose pin and I absolutely love it!  It will always be pinned to my bodice whenever I go to faire!  I love giving my friends gifts, things that remind me of them, things I think they might like or things that go with their garb.  Lets see...I love wine and roses (I am the Lady of Roses in Queen Bonnie's Court).  I went to my first Wine Tasting at TRF this year and I loved it!

8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum:  Too many to list... ;)

9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes, several that I have painted different colors to match my garb.

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)  No, not that I know of.

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)  Vanilla and Cinnamon (Nothing flowery!)

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  Texas Renaissance Festival and Scarborough Renaissance Festival.
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Celtic Lady

Not to be difficult but what time zone are you talking when you say by midnight tonight? As I've already set you my info I was just trying to help out anyone else that may have been hemming and hawing about signing up.

rengeek77

Okay y'all (or since we are plural, would that be all y'alls?)!  I have sent out everyone's names, so time to get creative!

The person whose name I sent you is the person you will be shopping for.  They did NOT get your name in return, so you can't try to sneak, blackmail, threaten, etc. to find out what you are getting.  :) 

The deadline for mailing is December 16th--if you are going to run into ANY issues please let me know in advance and we will get things straightened out. 

And yes, despite the fact that I think I called it the MIDwinter exchange in at least 6 emails, it is the winter exchange.  Just winter.  Blonde moment....
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene
myspace.com/galleonsandgold
flickr.com/photos/prosperoandmiranda

Lady Ann of Draycott

I got my person and I'm already working on a few ideas... ;) ;D
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Tygrkat

I finished making the gift I'll be sending... ;D

It'll most likely be this weekend before I'll be able to brave the wilds of the post office and get it in the mail - HUZZAH!
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Master James

Mine is out the door and it should have been delivered by now.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady Ann of Draycott

I will be mailing mine this week, a few things I picked up on closing weekend at TRF.  ;) ;D
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

gypsylakat

I will be mailing mine this week... schoolwork comes first unfortunatly...
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

Celtic Lady

Mine will be going out this weekend as well  :D . Still have just a tad more to get.

Peddlin

Master James -

Your gift was indeed delivered, and I love it! Not sure exactly when it came, as we were in Hilton Head all week, but it was here, when I got home. Can't wait to go show it off, and somehow it seems appropriate for the M'Crackmas festivities this weekend. Wish you could be here to see it.

Thanks again, and have a wonderful holiday!

Peddlin    :-* :-* :-*
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Master James

Peddl'n darlin I'm glad you liked it!  I figured it was appropriate.  ;)  Yeah loved to have make M'Crackmas but it just not in the cards this year.  Too much to do around the house to get ready for Christmas.  Maybe next year.  We'll see.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Mine will go out this week. it's pretty much ready to go, just need to finish packing it and get it to UPS
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Blue66669

I'm still having issues trying to figure out what to get! I mean, I need more INFO!
Blaidd Drwg