News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Reputable and Close Hotels

Started by Celtic_Fae, October 13, 2008, 08:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic_Fae

Hello, friends. Being across the state and with gas and lodging expenses, we're not going to be able to make every weekend. However, when we DO travel over, we are going to need a place to stay. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels?

Athena

How close do you want to be? If you don't mind staying somewhere that's a bit of a drive (20-30 minutes), I recommend the La Quinta Inn at Pinellas Park. I was very happy with my experience there and would stay again. It's a nice establishment, clean and comfortable, with spacious rooms and a friendly staff.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Anna Iram

What's your price range Kathryn? There are some very nice chains on Fowler just a block or two away from faire.  I can't think of the brand now, but perhaps someone else wil remember or I will. Probably in the $75/night range.

Be careful of any motels you find on Busch Blvd. It's a bit seedy over there.

Celtic_Fae

The cheaper (but still nice) the place we can stay, the more weekends we can come. As long as the drive is under 30 minutes...

Libby Stella

Have you found a place to stay yet?
So if you've never been frog kissing
Then you don't know what you've been missin'
~Frog Kissin' - Brobdingnagian Bards

Libby Stella

La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)
http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ977&propId=977
Was the closest I could find, relatively good reviews, average price for a hotel. Hope you can make it!!!
So if you've never been frog kissing
Then you don't know what you've been missin'
~Frog Kissin' - Brobdingnagian Bards

Celtic_Fae

Caligo

The La Quinta, Embassy Suites, Best Western Suites are all within jogging distance of MOSI. We have stayed at the BW a few times, nice, clean, and allows pets.
Because of  how close it is to Busch Gardens there are lots of places to stay in the area. Stick to the south side of USF.

For a 30 min drive just pick pretty much anything in Tampa and most of Brandon. It's a 30-40 min drive for us, from Lakeland.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Word of warning:

Being from Illinois, I can't recommend a great place to stay in Tampa.  However, I can definitely tell you *not* to stay in the Motel 6 on the same road as the faire, about 2 or 3 miles further west.  It was a filthy dump.  The price is low, which didn't concern us, because we have stayed in Motel 6s while traveling and they've been a clean, basic place to sleep.  But this one is disgusting.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich