News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Mediaeval Baebes

Started by dinkywench, October 14, 2008, 03:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinkywench

I have never had a chance to see The Mediaeval Baebes perform, anyone know where and when they can be seen?

Sir William Marcus

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

will paisley

Or better yet, http://www.rennfest.com/pdfs/grid.pdf

(look under the column "Blackfriars Theatre")
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

April

Ohhh....!  Thanks for the schedule, Will!  Maybe I can begin to devise an attack plan!
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

analise

Quote from: April on October 14, 2008, 04:42:39 PM
Ohhh....!  Thanks for the schedule, Will!  Maybe I can begin to devise an attack plan!

Keep in mind, in the past, people were staking out seats to see the MBs way in advance. So you'll either want to get their early and be prepared to watch the other (also really good!) shows at the stage or resign yourself to standing/sitting on the ground on the sidelines. :)

Scotsman

I wonder if the pregnant one will be back this year  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Scarlett

Scotsman - is there a pub nearby?  I'd love to see them, if only from a distance.  If not actually SEE them, maybe hear them from a nearby pub?
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Scotsman

Quote from: Scarlett on October 15, 2008, 08:03:15 AM
Scotsman - is there a pub nearby?  I'd love to see them, if only from a distance.  If not actually SEE them, maybe hear them from a nearby pub?

If they are on the Jury Rig stage again than the Dragon is very close. If I remember last year they showed up at the White Hart for a bit.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

will paisley

Quote from: Scotsman on October 15, 2008, 08:05:56 AM
Quote from: Scarlett on October 15, 2008, 08:03:15 AM

If they are on the Jury Rig stage again than the Dragon is very close. If I remember last year they showed up at the White Hart for a bit.

According to the schedule, they'll be at Blackfriars (neĆ© Jury Rig) all day.  This would normally make the back corner of the Dragon a good place to catch a glimpse of them, but I suspect it will even be work to find a seat or standing place there this weekend. 

If you are willing to stand near the back of the crowd at Blackfriars, I suspect you'll have a seat in the back row in about ten minutes.  A lot of the crowd is just there to see what's so great about this group, and once they actually get to hear and see the group, they decide it's not for them and leave.  This is how I managed to see them when they were on the Royal stage a few years ago.  For all the people pressing in trying to see them, there was an equal number of people slowly filing out, wondering what all the fuss was about.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Scotsman

Look, not to be a fuddy duddy ... they do not sound as good as they do on their CD's. The open air environment does them no justice. A good show none the less and for the fellows not bad eye candy (Hey, you lassies have the Rogues). I am just saying that if you expect for them to sound as good as they do on the CD's you may be disappointed.

... the pub sounds good to me as well ....
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Dallan

Quote from: Scotsman on October 15, 2008, 11:20:49 AM
Look, not to be a fuddy duddy ...

There are MANY names I would call you my friend, fudy duddy would not be one of them!  ;D
Fight'n

Scotsman

Quote from: Dallan on October 16, 2008, 01:05:17 PM
Quote from: Scotsman on October 15, 2008, 11:20:49 AM
Look, not to be a fuddy duddy ...

There are MANY names I would call you my friend, fudy duddy would not be one of them!  ;D

I love you too man! ;)
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Nailin

Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

Capt. Morgan

I don't miind their music and have several CD's but their sound system was waaaaay too loud and kinda ruined the "atmosphere" of the Faire for me. When you can hear them out in the Parking Lot...Give me bagpipes any day!
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

mehan

No joke...I had the misfortune to be in the privys waaaaay over by the joust field during one of their shows - the bass was shaking the privy so hard I thought it was an earthquake....

CD's fine...... blasting the music all over the shire and disturbing other muscians and actors.... not so cool.....

Just my 2 cents