News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Volunteer "work"

Started by Angus_Cutter, October 06, 2008, 02:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus_Cutter

So Mip's mother knows some people that are doing a haunted house type thing, and they need people to work it.  This is the email that Mip sent me:

"On the weekend of the 24th, 25th, and the 26th of this month there is a haunted tour at a Museum by the Ren Fair.  It will be outside and inside with re-enactments of fighting.  The haunted tour is set in/around 1860.  They need actors to "volunteer" to be a part of the tour.  They need ghost's, re-enactors, and tour guides. 

My mom told them about all of us that worked at the Ren Fair.  They want to know if we would consider being a part of the cast.  It will be completely volunteer so we will not be paid but they will feed us.  You could be a re-enactor and fight as long as it sticks to the period. 

They need as many people as they can to do it so my mom wants you, me, and Stephen to do it. Tom Savini is going to do all the make-up for it and some costumes will be provided, but you might need to make your own.

Let me know what you think or if you can think of anyone else that might want to do it. "

So if anyone wants to help out, get some service hours for those who may need them, or just scare the hell out of some people, let me know...

jayadancer

I'm in the area and totally game for that type of thing... er, except what is this "making costumes" thing you speak of?   :P  If I look cute the responsibility is either Sadira's, Sarai's, or eBay.  I couldn't sew my way out of a paper bag.  But if they can provide stuff, I'd be happy to help out.  Let me know!
~The Mystic Deliria, The Madness Amorous~

kilted one

I'm in the same boat.  I do not have anything that would fit in the period.  But don't think the idea of having my makeup done by Tom Savini is not trying to make me think of something.  That would be freaking awesome!!!!  I love that guy!!!
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

TiaLD77

1860's.....hmmmmm Civil war era.....Tempting, very tempting......not sure I can fit in my ball gowns anymore of if I can coax Brad back into his wools...
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

Angus_Cutter

Sorry I havent said much more about this yet... I dont know much about it still... I will try and find out more tonight... As far as I know, they do not really care what anyone is and dont really have a set walk through... I'm not sure though.  It is going to be like a whole event with a band and ghost hunters and what not... so I think the "haunted house" is just kind of like a small thing...    Mip and I will still be going, so even if you wanna just come and see everything, I think it is 15 bucks