News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So what's YOUR Story?

Started by Katie Bookwench, October 15, 2008, 10:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Bookwench

I was wondering what the Story was with MMRF -- what's the 'scenario' with the characters as a whole... but I am even more curious as to each of the players and who they portray.

So here's an invitation for the Characters themselves would step forward and let us all know about themselves. Please tell us:

Who are you?
What do you do in Kleves?
What are your goals/aspirations?
What should the common person know about you?
What are your secrets, and who knows about them?

Yes, I'm wondering out loud.... but I'm sure I'm not the only person who wants to know.

Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

AnyuBoo

Quote from: Katie Bookwench on October 15, 2008, 10:36:35 AM
Yes, I'm wondering out loud.... but I'm sure I'm not the only person who wants to know.

True enough, Katie.   :D

I'll second her request...inquiring minds want to know.   ;D
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

L Dale Walter

>Who are you?

Porthos of the World Famous Three Musketeers

>What do you do in Kleves?

Attempt to recruit new Musketeers though teaching swordfighting, then testing their skills in the "arena of justice".

>What are your goals/aspirations?

To become even more of a superhero, and win all of the ladies hearts, all with a tankard of ale in his hand.

>What should the common person know about you?

Porthos is about the Renaissance equivalent of a French version of Captain America, a ordinary soldier that through hard work and natural skill became legendary.  He is all about enjoying life, until there is a fight, then he is as deadly as can be, but he may taunt you as you as he makes you look silly.  Picking a fight with him is asking for a butt kicking.   

>What are your secrets, and who knows about them?

A weakness for the ladies, and strong drink, and -everyone- knows them.  However, you must remember, Porthos fights better when he is drunk, or, at least it looks better to him...

HOWEVER on Halloween Weekend there is the possibility that a "Ghost" may show up.  A Ghost that wears black leather armor, with a black dragon crest.  He has not been sighted in over 20 years...

King Henry Tudor

>Who are you?

King Henry Tudor VIII
King of England and Wales
Lord of Ireland
Sovereign of the Order of the Garter
Supreme Head of the Church of England
Defender of the Faith

>What do you do in Kleves?

ANYTHING I BLOODY WELL LIKE, I'M KING OF ENGLAND! 
But truly, I stroll the lanes with my new bride Anna von Kleve, speak with the Goode Gentles and Children, visit the assembled merchants, watch a show or two, and EAT, DRINK, AND BE MERRY!!

>What are your goals/aspirations?

To establish England as THE major power on the European continent through the use of Military Might, Financial Finagling, Diplomatic Discourse, and Romantic Rendezvous.  (I'm particularly found of the last method!)

>What should the common person know about you?

I am a man of many tastes, well educated, writer of music and poetry, skilled swordsman, lover of sport (tennis anyone?), lover of food and drink (hard to tell, what!), lover of women (wife number five, Ladies?), lover of pastime with goode company (hmmm...reminds me of a song that!), and lover of life!  And yes, with all those loves, I'm a hopeless romantic.  Make no mistake, though, I rule England with a firm but fair hand; do well by me and I whilst be thy best friend, cross me and thou whilst regret thy day of birth!

>What are your secrets, and who knows about them?
Kathrine Howard be the King's Mistress, most likely the single worst kept secret in all of England.  (God's teeth, why must everyone know my bedchamber business!) 
My new wife, Anna von Kleve, be not entirely to my liking and thoughts of annulment have I, this be known only to myself and my Privy Secretary, Thomas Cromwell.
King Henry Tudor VIII
King of England and Wales
Mid-Michigan Renaissance Festival

Lady Gwyndolyn

Who are you?
Archduchess of Austria

What do you do in Kleves?
Terrorize my cousin the Duke of Kleves because he is giving my wonderful gypsie friends to the King!!
I am also there to give congratulations to His Majesty and my cousin Anna.

What are your goals/aspirations?
To keep my dear gypsie friends in Kleves!

What should the common person know about you?
That I love spending time with the people. 

What are your secrets, and who knows about them?
Noone but my ladies know that I am not at all happy with my marriage to Ferdinand. 
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley