News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Prayer for my dear Pirate Joe

Started by Cloverpogue, October 15, 2008, 04:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloverpogue

Joey went back to the doctor this past Thursday.  He had to go to get his right hand looked over to find out once and for all what was wrong.
Every doctor would diagnose something different. He's heard carpel tunnel, and the other tendonitis. The neurologist finally said reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome.  Basically, there is no cure for it, there are treatment options, but nothing that can take care of it, it only gets worse with time.
As soon as he gets here, I want to take care of him as best I can. Because I love him very much, and only want to make him feel better.

Here's a link to his condition:

http://www.rsds.org/index2.html
~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

Lady Nicolette

Hi Clover! 

Joe's particular condition may require more than what I did from the second I realized that I was potentially getting into that same problem.  About 20 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long), I was doing a lot of repetitive motion with lifting a commercial-sized checkbook and then hand-writing out lots of checks.  I got these gloves that are called "Hand-Eze," and wear them religiously when doing anything of the like, which is a lot of the time between my job, housework, gardening, harp playing and messing around on the computer.  Anyway, he may want to try them out, they're not expensive, and end up being kind of like support hose for your hand, they wrap your hand up and also your wrist, and they are less bulky than lots of other similar products, so comfortable you can sleep in them if necessary.  Go to handeze.com and check them out.  Even if they won't fix it, they can help prevent it from getting worse, potentially.  Good luck!  I'm sure your caring so much for him is lots of help, too.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

lady serena

My prayers and thoughts are with you both.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

lordwriothsley

Clover hunny I am so sorry to hear of Joey's condition.I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers and pray for a speedy recovery for him.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

RenRobin

Loki-terr (in training)