News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Forums will not be converted

Started by John, May 12, 2008, 04:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Glorianna

John, I can understand and feel for you to see the old forum go :'( I remember when I first stumbled upon it and there were just a few...and how it just took off but now no more tears...Keep your head high as you provided a fantastik unique place to gather us all and truly give a place to all of us who love the ren to gather and share with love and respect. It is a testament to your spirit and to what you built that now this place exists and that all or us are migrating here. Thanks to you we came together and thanks to yours, DB, Lady Serena and Tom's efforts we are rising as one and I think it is safe to say no one will keep us down!
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

DeadBishop

The only thing to do now is to look forward to our future, and not dwell on the troubles of our past.  The road may be long and difficult, but I'm willing to do whatever I can to make this new home as good, if not better, than the old site. 

I'd like to see that we get to keep the renaissancefestival.com URL, as that is part of who we are, a trademark if you will. 

R/F.com member since 2003

willin

this news hurts and i'm having a hard time trying to post a constructive comment at this point

lets do what we can to spread the word to all those members who have yet to make it over to this site
excuse me i mean 'Our New Home'!   as of right. . .  now. . .  we have 499 members registered here,
that leaves thousands of member out there in the cyber abyss.  lets bring'em home!

-  keep a stiff upper lip -

"always look to the bright side of life. . . [whistle] "
GOT FEET ?

Taffy Saltwater

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. ~ Seneca.  We look forward to this new chapter of the R/F saga.
Sveethot!

Mischka

A truly lovely and moving speech, Amras.  HUZZAH to those who tried so hard to preserve the past, and HUZZAH to the future!!

knarlyknot

I'm almost in tears over the loss of the old site, but I know that like a phoenix we will rise from the ashes.

Huzzah to John for all his efforts, thanks for all you do!

Tygrkat

It is difficult to let go of something familiar and lovely, but spring is the time of rebirth, and I celebrate this opportunity to grow into something new and even more wonderful!

Many thanks to DB, John, and the moderators who are helping to make our transition as comfortable as it can be.

HUZZAH!!! LONG LIVE R/F!!!!!

;D
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Once Debauched

I tell people all the time, "It's not where you are but whom you're with." 

I've come to have a great affection for this group and whether we call this or another place "home" makes me no difference.  I shall follow where you lead for you are worth the effort.

IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Annastina

I have friends here in San Diego who have lost homes in wildfires.  Now I think I know how they felt, just a little.  We've lost something old and familiar and comfortable, but we've lost just the house, not the home.  As long as we're together, we can rebuild.  It may take a while to get comfy, but we'll get there.  Together.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Neophyte

What!?  I'm having trouble finding the words to express what I'm feeling. I'm thinking it's probably for the better.  I've never been one to easily acclimate to change. I guess this is where I make lemonade.....

Neophyte
Hacker Inquisitor Extrordinaire
Royal Taster Of The Scotch
Peep Sniper
Castleteer
Teer

Scotsman

Well, thanks to some fantastic work, this place is starting to feel like home.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady Nicolette

I like to look at it this way.  The only time that changes stop happening is when you're dead.  Huzzah to the very alive place that this is and to the spirited way that we've all rallied and come to this new world together!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Elinor Hakebourne

As everyone else before me has said all that I wanted to say, I'll just say thank you to everyone who made this forum change possible, as I would have been very sad to not have a "Renaissance Festival" home! It'll be nice to start things anew :)

Dallan

The way I look at it I'm glad we have a home. It will feel comfortable to us all soon enough.
Fight'n

beeboy

I can keep having something to distract me while I'm at school and keep me busy all those lonely hours