News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

1st Annual End of Faire Feast

Started by will paisley, October 16, 2008, 01:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will paisley

I am posting this on behalf of my wife:

Hello everyone. This is hopefully going to become an annual event at faire.

What: End of faire Feast
When: Last Saturday at MDRF at 1 pm
Where: Dragons Inn
Who: Everyone who wants to come.
How: Everyone is to bring food of their choosing to the feast to share with everyone there.

Please come and join us. No R.S.V.P. required just show up and join in the fun.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Scotsman

Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

SirBlackFox

I hate to be the party pooper. . .but doesn't that kinda' take from the food vendors who have had a tough season already?

. . . just saying is all. . . . I'm all for a feast but let's supply the food by buying it from the vendors.

Plus, this kind of announced feast might push the vendors to push the management to no longer allow food to be brought into faire. . . . I know if I was depending on folks buying food from my booth that I paid so much money for. . .  I'd be pretty pissed that someone's giving away food.

Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Lady de la Warr

OK - I know I'm a bit late on this but I'm going to put in my 2 cents anyway.

Sir Black Fox - I totally understand the point of what you are saying and for the most part I agree. And I certainly would not want the faire administration to ban us from bringing in food. That would be terrible - especially for those with dietary restrictions - but for everyone too.

The problem I have - and yes I know I should be ashamed of myself but I can't help it - is that for the most part I simply don't LIKE the food they sell at faire. I don't like all that grease and fat and stuff. That's one of the reasons I have to be harped on by people to eat all day - they really don't have much of anything I want.

There are a couple things I like - but I can't eat the same two or three things all weekend. That's why I really appreciate when someone brings hummus or curry or caviar or canned pickled peppers or pie or cookies or the myriad of other wonderful things I have tasted and enjoyed at faire that others have been generous enough to offer.

Plus - they sell PLENTY of food there. I honestly don't think a few rennies bringing in lunch on a few occasions is going to cut into their profits all that much. And when it come to me personally - they don't make much money on me anyway. I simply don't eat some days - can't stomach all the grease - so unless a kind soul offers me some of the "goodies in their basket" they have made special for faire I just go without. Invariably the "goodie" food is always much more palatable to me as it's usually home made and has a "yum" factor you can't get with boxed faire food.

Just my 2 cents of course.

Tiggeress

Well the First Annual End of Faire Community Feast is over. I thought it went very well. I would really like to hear from others about their thoughts on the feast.

Please let me know if you think it was good, great, or a dud.

Tiggeress
AKA Flo

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

I thought it was FABULOUS!Everyone seemed to have a great time and really enjoyed themselves.It was a wonderful chance to come together to enjoy good food and great company.I met many people there,I really enjoyed it. Thanks Flo.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lumpy

It was really good and very impressive that it was done in just a week. I expect next year will be even better.
Founder, MDRF Friends of Faire
Dread Pirate Lumpy
Lump'n M'Crack

Dan

I think it went very well for being it's first year.