News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

News from Meow Manor

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 12, 2008, 05:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Bonnie

I have been taking Airborne tabs and Zicam and vitamins and potions and SCOTCH!. I am getting better.  This is a hang on bug though. Drat!
Off this AM to take Fuzzball to the Vet. He is still not doing great. I am worried. I hope they can fix what is wrong with my Fuzzy! I am worried about him. More anon!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Queen Bonnie

I have been taking Airborne tabs and Zicam and vitamins and potions and SCOTCH!. I am getting better.  This is a hang on bug though. Drat!
Off this AM to take Fuzzball to the Vet. He is still not doing great. I am worried. I hope they can fix what is wrong with my Fuzzy! I am worried about him. More anon!
Wingardium Leviosa!

CatAshtrophy

I hope your cat is okay. It's never fun having to take them to the vet. I'm glad to hear that you are starting to feel better though.

Queen Bonnie

The News from Meow Manor is not good. Fuzzball has moderate kidney failure. I left him at the vet. They are starting him on 2 days of IV fluids. $$$$ It will buy him more time. I was not up to the decision to have him put down right now.  I am very sad today. He is part of my family.
Wingardium Leviosa!

CatAshtrophy

I'm so sorry about your kitty. IVs should make Fuzzball feel better. When my old cat was old and ill, she frequently had IVs (several a week for several months) and it made her feel alot better. I hope that IVs will improve the situation for Fuzzball too. It's so hard when a pet is seriously sick. *hugs*

KeeperoftheBar

Queen Bonnie, I am so sad to hear about Fuzzball.  Having lost a cat earlier this year I know it is never easy.  May the Good Lord help you make the correct decision and may Fuzzball know the love you have.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Trillium

Sending you and fuzzball lots of healing thoughts. 
I worry that someday soon I will have to make the same decision.  My kitty is now 15 and gets around fairly well, but I worry about her.
Got faerie dust?

Var Greyshadow

Sorry to hear about Fuzz!!!  :(  Hope the iVs help!!!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Tremayne

Unhappy news, Bonnie. You said he wasn't very old. Did they provide any explanation why a cat his age would have kidney failure? Hugs to you for the hard decision that may soon be ahead of you.  :(
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

Taffy Saltwater

I'm so sorry that you and Fuzz have been doing poorly.  I like hot toddies when I'm sick.  If it's okay w/the Royal Vet, you might try Pedialyte for Fuzz.  I had to syringe it down my Spooky, but she turned around.
Sveethot!

Queen Bonnie

The latest news from the vet is that Fuzz was responding very well to the IV fluids. He was eating and might be able to come home tomorrow.  I will enjoy what time we have left together. I have been through the kidney failure before with Mai Thai before we moved to TX.  As long as Fuzz has a quality of life- all is Ok. This is just not easy. I have so many elderly cats.  He is one of the younger ones - he was a stray so no way of knowing how old he is-6- to 8 ?- the oldest Siamese cat now is about 18. I had one live to 20.
Cats give so much love. This is hard times- but It goes with loving your pets/friends. Saying good bye is
never easy.
Wingardium Leviosa!

PurpleDragon

My dear Queen Bonnie,

I myself have been there, having to decide whether to let a loved one go like that,  it is not an easy decision to make.  The last one I recall was my wonderful little tom-cat named "Lynx" (He looked like one complete with ear tufts and all), he was but 2 months old and the vet diagnosed him with feline leukemia... Sadly I was not in a position to afford to pay for the treatments that could have saved his life and I could not see myself putting him through such suffering as that dreaded disease would cause him.  So many pets have I buried over the years... so much love I have gotten from them.  The question truly becomes "Who Owns Who"...
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Queen Bonnie

Too true! I love Fuzz and he depends on me. he is a rescued cat. I can only hope he has some time with a good quality of life. I am coming to terms with what I must do. it is never easy. My cats are my family. They give me as much- if not more love than I give them!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Lady Neysa

Aw, so sorry about your kitty Bonnie!  I hope he is happy and comfortable however long he is still with you.  It's incredible how these furry creatures become part of our hearts.
When I lost my big boy Pouncer to FIP a fews years ago it was very traumatic.  I have a dainty little girl who has been throwing up a lot and losing weight. Most of  the tests have been inconclusive, and they want to run still more. Something about a kidney function test/ kidney value -or something I didn't understand- was high. I didn't like the sound of that.  It's hard to put a price tag on their lives, but I made the decision not to take any heroic measures. She's over 10, so as  long as she is still happy, content and not obviously suffering I'm gonna let nature take it's course. 

Queen Bonnie

I am not usually one to take heroic measures but I am just not feeling great right now and probably am spending too much on making him feel better. It makes me feel better too. I can only see what develops.  I know it is only buying him a bit more time. I vowed I would not do this again- but each time and cat is different.  Sigh.
Wingardium Leviosa!