News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

News from Meow Manor

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 12, 2008, 05:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Guinness

I am so sorry to hear about your kitty, I know this must be a difficult time for you. Hugs!!!

Element of Air

Queen Bonnie, I really enjoyed spending Monday at the manor with you. I missed seeing Fuzzball that day. I hope he is doing well and that you are able to pick him up today from the vet. Just let me know, if you need anything or want someone to spend the day with, I am not far away. Sending good thoughts your way!
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

Queen Bonnie

I also enjoyed our time together! Fun! The welcome is always out for both of you! Huzzah!
Fuzzball came home today. He is still not quite himself- but good to have him home. I will love and enjoy him while I can.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

CatAshtrophy

I'm glad Fuzzball is back home. I'm sure he's much happier to be back home with you.

Taffy Saltwater

Glad to hear Msr. Fuzz is home again.  I hope you're back up to snuff.
Sveethot!

Queen Bonnie

Fuzz seems happy but I can tell he is still not feeling good. He is taking it easy in the coolest part of the house. The Siamese are baking on the porches. They love it hot and hate the A?C.
I still have lingering symptoms but gradually feeling better. The Rendezflu is a hanger on kind of cold! Meanwhile I still have to water plants, clean the pool, the house and do the shopping, cooking etc etc. Where are those house elves?  I think they all went to the beach without me! LOL!
Wingardium Leviosa!

RenRobin

I think my elves must be with yours, as they have disappeared at mine too.
Loki-terr (in training)

Queen Bonnie

I guess when the house elves return we need to take away their socks!  Maybe they will stick around and work? LOL!
This will make no sense to anyone who has not read Harry Potter!
Company at Meow Manor this weekend. All is in readiness for friends. Good to not be alone. Tomorrow marks a year since Lord A passed to Wizard land.  I made it!  Not easy- but I am still going! Think Energizer Bunny- but a kitty instead-  I don't want to be a wabbit!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Queen Bonnie

I had a great weekend with renn friends here! A toast was raised to Lord A. He would have loved the company. he is in my thoughts a lot. The pool was refreshing. Fuzz perked up a tiny bit to see old friends- but he is not doing very well. He is home and in familiar surroundings and close to those who love him.
Wingardium Leviosa!

dbaldock

Glad to hear that you and Fuzz are feeling better, and that you had a fun weekend with renn friends!  :D

If you're going to be in town over the 4th, you can probably see some more renn friends at the Clandestine Concert at the Cactus Cafe (UT Campus, Austin) on Thursday night, July 3rd.  I'm planning to be at the concert, maybe with a few friends.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Queen Bonnie

wow! Post more info on the concert? Sounds great. Not up to driving in town after dark- but perhaps I can go with someone?
Wingardium Leviosa!

dbaldock

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on June 16, 2008, 12:14:15 PM
wow! Post more info on the concert? Sounds great. Not up to driving in town after dark- but perhaps I can go with someone?

Well, I was looking at info about the Texas Scottish Festival (Arlington, TX) and saw that Clandestine performed this year.  Clicked on their link, and saw this message on their home page, "Shows in Austin and Houston in July."  Clicked on Houston, and saw on their Calendar that they're playing at the Mucky Duck on July 5th.  Since I'll be visiting friends near Austin over the long 4th weekend, I was glad to see that they're playing at the Cactus Cafe on the 3rd.  I'll have to check the details, but there's a good chance that we can provide a ride for you.

This is the info off of the Clandestine Calendar web page:

Thursday, July 3 at 8:30 pm
Cactus Cafe
24th & Guadalupe, UT Campus
Austin TX 78701
512-475-6515

Saturday, July 5 at 7 & 9:30 pm
McGonigel's Mucky Duck
2425 Norfolk, Houston TX 77098
713-528-5999
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Queen Bonnie

I read that one member of Clandestine is playing at Things Celtic on the 3rd also!
Hot here at Meow Manor.  Squelch the moat monster is sulking. He wants rain and the moat is too hot , he says! The Siamese Royal felines LOVE the heat.
My rendezflu symptoms linger on. I am sure sick of them! Stuffy head go AWAY!
Fuzzball is still hanging on- but a ghost of his former self. Tachi is gaining weight and doing well on his Thyroid meds.
I finished another wand today! It is wild!
I will be taking my crystals and wands and maybe a staff to the Fairy fFest- Serendipity Haven in Smithville on June 28th.
Garb in this weather?  I will try it!
Maybe it will cool off for the ARRG next month? Dream on!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Drouzin

Queen Bonnie I just wanted to pop in and let you know that you were in our thoughts this past week.  I would have let you know sooner but the flu has laid me low for a while, (at least I've lost 5 lbs.).  Perhaps it's a computer transmitted virus? ;)  I was sorry to hear about your Fuzzball not feeling well and will offer up prayers for comfort and happiness. 

dbaldock

Quote from: dbaldock on June 16, 2008, 12:48:12 PM
Quote from: Queen Bonnie on June 16, 2008, 12:14:15 PM

I'll have to check the details, but there's a good chance that we can provide a ride for you.

OK, I've checked with my friends Lynn & Paul, and we're planning to give you a ride to the Clandestine Concert on the 3rd.  They've been to Meow Manor before, so we shouldn't have any problems finding you.  :D

Right now, I'm not sure what time we'll be ready to head to Austin that afternoon, but as it gets closer to the 3rd, we can see if there are other Renn Friends that maybe we can meet for dinner before the Concert (if the Cactus Cafe isn't serving dinner that night, Google Maps shows eight or nine restaurants within a couple of blocks).  Otherwise maybe we can eat somewhere there in Elgin.

Take Care,
David Baldock

EDIT: Fixed typo.