News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Passing Thoughts

Started by rengypsy, October 17, 2008, 10:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

Texas summers are tough.  They are long and hot and sultry.  For days on end, not a cloud in the sky, not a drop of rain except the sweat pouring from one's forehead. 

But Autum is upon us...and the leaves are changing, or at least falling...and the occasional north wind blows to temper the gulf winds.

And as the canon sounded last Saturday morning at TRF, I was so completely reminded of why I am endeavoring to open Sherwood Forest Faire.

The smells, the sounds, the foods and music, the pageantry of all the actors, vendors, and playtrons. 

The experience is profound...and I am excited and humbled to have the opportunity to participate in the creation, the building on the labors and ideas and dreams of others before me. 

I so want each of you to know that I will rely on your vision and your participation in the design and manifestation of this faire.  It is because of what you experience, what we share in common, what we each want life to be about--from fun to faire capitalism--that I am investing in what I believe will be a profound extravaganza of fun and community.

So, as many of you walk the TRF festival in the weekends to come, take a moment to jot down in your own mind what is best and what you would improve on...and share those thoughts in this post.

Rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

rengypsy

another weekend at TRF has come and gone...and folk are increasingly approaching me as they hear of Sherwood Forest Faire's upcoming development.

At least ten folk have said they want to have a booth out in Paige, Texas.  Likewise, besides the one food vendor who would like to have a presence there with multiple food lines, a gentleman who owns and operates an Indian restaurant in Houston has said he would like to have an Indian Food booth.  Good for variety, as well as vegetarians.

Have a wonderful man wanting to have all/or most of the games. 

Two have asked to be considered for an archery booth.

It is getting so exciting.

More to follow.

rengypsy

rengypsy

lots more interest in vendors this weekend at trf.

leather
renaissance boots
jerky
swords
an apothecary shop
massage
and one other who's card i left at trf

very nice

hope more of you see this is a good business opportunity

and more of you hopefully will see this faire as a place of tremendous fun and community