News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Moving Day

Started by Lady Figaro, October 17, 2008, 11:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Synnovea

Bumping this up.  I know you get the truck today...are you planning to load it all tonight or will there be anything left that you need help with Friday night?  Toar and I would be available to come down tomorrow...just need you to PM me with directions and/or an address for MapQuest plz.  :)

Lady Figaro

We'll take all help!  We're going to try to do as much as possible today.  So, I'll post tonight and let everyone know how it went and when and if we'll need help tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you!  We're going to miss everyone!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

Escarlata

Know that I am there in spirit and petitions to the PTB for easy packing and safe journeys will continue until we hear that you are safely there and unloaded. Love you both!
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Lord Figaro

Thank you soooo much Esc, we love you too.

We're not 100% sure on who all is coming in the morning right now. But a few people are supposed to come over around 9AM. We got a small chunk of stuff loaded later this evening, I wasn't able to do as much as I used too by myself. But my brother in law and family got here around 5 and loaded some heavy stuff, we do still have a good bit of stuff left to go yet. We won't have internet later in the day, so anyone looking to help, feel free to give either the wife or myself a call if your able to help later in the day. I'd hate to have you show up and find out it's a done deal.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Synnovea

I don't have either of your numbers!  How'd that happen?!?!?!  My bad.

Check your messages...I'll PM you both my phone number so that you can call and let us know if you need Toar and I tonight.  We have to take the puppy into the vet at 5:30 so we wouldn't be able to get there until probably after 7 PM or so but whatever we can help with we are more than happy to.

Muffin

Synn, I have numbers if you don't hear back from the Fig's..  ;D

I work until 5:00 today and then need to run home, change clothes and then I can head over...

I will call or message the lovely Lady Fig and see where you guys are at.... The man has to work, so it will just be me..  :-*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Synnovea

Thanks Muffin.  I guess Toar has Fig's number but I might call you later to find out what's what.  Depending on when we're done at the vet, if you haven't left yet mayhap we can pick you up.   :-*

Muffin

A Captains Wench

Ette

Storm

Well...

It looks like Minnesota isn't going to let you escape with a proper snowy Minnesota send off!!!....

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

You guys getting snow?  It has hit Manitoba already, and I heard we are in for it this weekend.  Lord, was hoping it would hold off a while longer!
It's always time for Chardonnay!

Muffin

The Fig's have started their journey south.... They got on the road and were just north of Mankato at about 8:15 last night...

Let's try to keep everyone updated if we all hear from them so we know that they are making their way safe and sound...  :-*

A Captains Wench

Ette

Lady Figaro

Hi All,

Yes, last night was not fun with the blowing snow south of Mankato...but, it wasn't too bad.  We stopped Friday night in Sioux City, IA.  We took it easy driving today and are in Emporia, KS tonight.  We figure that we're going to take advantage of this and see sights along the way.  There is an Aircraft museum that Fig wants to visit tomorrow, so we're going to do that. 

Things with the dogs and the car are going great and we've had no issues so far (quick - someone knock on wood!!).

I must say, it was VERY weird not going to the bar last night to do karaoke...since we've been there for 6 years, but it was also kind of nice!   :D

We'll sign on again probably tomorrow night to update our travels! 
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

Muffin

Glad you two are taking your time and having some fun along the way!!!!!

I miss you both already!!!  :-*
A Captains Wench

Ette

Storm

Quote from: Lady Figaro on November 08, 2008, 06:30:16 PM
Hi All,

Yes, last night was not fun with the blowing snow south of Mankato...but, it wasn't too bad.  We stopped Friday night in Sioux City, IA.  We took it easy driving today and are in Emporia, KS tonight.  We figure that we're going to take advantage of this and see sights along the way.  There is an Aircraft museum that Fig wants to visit tomorrow, so we're going to do that. 

Things with the dogs and the car are going great and we've had no issues so far (quick - someone knock on wood!!).

I must say, it was VERY weird not going to the bar last night to do karaoke...since we've been there for 6 years, but it was also kind of nice!   :D

We'll sign on again probably tomorrow night to update our travels! 

Which route are you guys taking Lady Fig? If you end up going through Colorado, The Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs is probably another place Fig would really enjoy seeing.

Lady Figaro

We were going to stop in Colorado on the way to Arizona, but there are snow and rain storms expected on Sunday and Monday.  We didn't want to take the chance of the pass south of Colorado Springs being closed, so we're going straight to Arizona.  We're take 80 West to Arizona.  We should be west of Amarillo by tomorrow night - depending on how long Fig spends at the museum!   ::)

[/quote]

Which route are you guys taking Lady Fig? If you end up going through Colorado, The Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs is probably another place Fig would really enjoy seeing.
[/quote]