News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MiRF Campers

Started by maelstrom0370, October 17, 2008, 12:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Foster

We've been interested in it for a while... The next time we are out for a drive we will see if it's possible to drive through the state campgrounds to see if we can find a site our trailer will fit in for next seasons MIRF. But we may have to wait until spring if the park is closed as we are guessing.

Jon.

Cyron

see jon.. if you just had a tent ya would not have to worry about if it would fit :)
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

maelstrom0370

I dunno how big your camper is, Jon, but the 35' RV we take fits fine.  We go to the Holly Rec Area....not sure if it's the same as where you're looking.

Jon Foster

Tony, will still have the tent but it's been in the bag for a long time now!

Maelstrom, we'll take another look to see if it will fit. If you are getting in there I'm sure we can too. The truck is 24' and the trailer is 35'.

Jon.

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Jon Foster on December 17, 2008, 05:30:45 PM
Maelstrom, we'll take another look to see if it will fit. If you are getting in there I'm sure we can too. The truck is 24' and the trailer is 35'.

Jon.

HOLY GOOD LORD IN HEAVEN!!!  :o :o
I thought we travelled big!!

Jon Foster

How long is your tow vehicle? Or, is your RV a motor home? With a toad?

Jon.

maelstrom0370

It's just a motor home.  I can barely back up a lawn tractor with a wagon on the back, let alone a tow vehicle with an RV!!!
Truth be told, it belongs to my parents and I just borrow it a couple times a summer.  I may be tenting it this year, though.  My mom wants to retire soon so selling The Beast off is high on her priority list.  Hey!!! Speaking of, if anyone's interested, lemme know!!

Jon Foster

I don't think we could live in a RV full time. The idea sounds very romantic and fun etc. But to actually do it, I don't think we could. For one thing, I have way too much crap. I'd have to clean up and get rid of all my hobbies!  :'(

Jon.

flidais

woooohoooo
We are about to buy a pop-up camper.  So we will most certainly be up for MIRF camping madness!!!

Jon Foster

Congrats on the new camper. Can you post some pictures for us? How big is it? How many people will be using it?

I'm ready to do some serious camping this year. I've had it with this frigid cold crap.

Jon.

maelstrom0370

Went to "The Beast" and just sat in her for awhile.  Is there really still 6 months to go!!??
The Gods be cruel!

Jon Foster

I haven't gone out to sit in the trailer yet. I'm holding out as long as I can.  ;)

Jon.

maelstrom0370

Hey Jon,

If we manage to bump into each other this season, I'll hafta introduce you to a friend of mine.  He posts (once in a Blue Moon) as "Xanthenes the Unbalanced" and has recently upgraded all his photo gear to HD.  He's looking forward to taking it for a test drive this season and I'm sure he'd love to have someone to swap war stories with!

Jon Foster

Sounds good! We'll have to meet up at the pub... I think we'll be going to MIRF a lot this season. Now that the kids are getting older they like hanging out there too.

Jon.

Edit: I just looked up Xanthenes the Unbalanced profile and checked out a couple of his posts. I recognize a bunch of the shots.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: maelstrom0370 on February 25, 2009, 12:18:04 AM
Hey Jon,

If we manage to bump into each other this season, I'll hafta introduce you to a friend of mine.  He posts (once in a Blue Moon) as "Xanthenes the Unbalanced" and has recently upgraded all his photo gear to HD.  He's looking forward to taking it for a test drive this season and I'm sure he'd love to have someone to swap war stories with!

...as a mild correction:  Video gear and editing has all been upgraded to HD.  Photo gear is 21 mpixel DSLR and 8.3 mpixel DSLR. 

M, you're grounded from speaking the King's Technobabble for two weeks.   ;D
(This space for rent)