News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How was it really?

Started by sealion, October 18, 2008, 11:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sealion

Since the other thread has gone off on a tangent I'd thought I'd start a new one.  ;D
Any unbiased reviews from anyone who doesn't work there? What did you particulary enjoy? What would you like to see improved for next year? What makes this faire special and different from the rest?
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

canonman

Any unbiased reviews from anyone who doesn't work there? What did you particularly enjoy?

I can't speak for everyone, but I particularly enjoyed the fact that the fair is completely in the woods. Fall woods in Michigan can't be beat.

What would you like to see improved for next year?

More music would be nice, the fair is small enough that it might make sense to only use one stage to perform on for all of the acts. I don't remember more than one show going on at time anyway.. If the fair outgrows its main stage in the future all the better but for now if I had a vote in the matter it would be one main stage with plenty of seating and try to get more vender's and games to fill the pathways.

What makes this faire special and different from the rest?

To me its gotta be the woods.

Cateyes

I loved the troll area.  The woods are wonderful and the leaves falling into the forest are beautiful and seem almost magical.  The royalty looked amazing!  I was VERY impressed with the garb/costumes and their interaction with the patrons. I also LOVED the coffee/hot cider both.  Yum Yum!  Great to help keep ya warm. 

I think for next year they should fix up the parking lot.  It could use a path or something.  I seems like if it would rain a lot of people would get stuck.  Also, the tents when you pull in are a bit of an eye sore so a privacy fence for the tenting area would look great. 

Over all it was a great little faire in a beautiful place with some talented, creative people working there.

Jon Foster

I don't work there and I'd say I'm pretty unbiased about it.

The faire is small but very enjoyable. It's not overly commercialized and there aren't 25,000 people packed into every corner. You can walk around the woods and enjoy the view from any angle. Today I watched a countless number of people lazily moving from booth to booth watching the fall leaves drop from the trees with smiles on their faces. There were more vendors at the faire today as well so my wife and kids found several new places to spend money. Most vendors I talked to said they were very happy with the amount of business they were doing especially considering this is only the second week for the faire.

The parking lot is actually kind of nice too. You can park very close to the gates and we walked out to our truck today for a tailgate lunch. We did dogs on the BBQ, boiled water for our hot chocolate and only had to walk a few feet to get back into the faire.

Our kids enjoyed it too. They love the shows and love the interaction with the performers. The vendors also talked to them like real people so they ended up buying stuff from them. Side note: A lot of people discount the opinions of kids these days and probably miss out because of it.

It's a nice cozy faire with the right atmosphere for success...

Jon.

Lady Gwyndolyn

Just a quick note about the parking lot,  it is on a rock bed so you can't get stuck if it rains. 
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Jon Foster

The first time we were at the faire I thought we would get stuck in the lot for sure. But I soon realized it would be fine. Our truck is 9,100 pounds and sinks on asphalt so nobody should have any trouble.

A view from the parking lot.

Lunch!

Jon.

nliedel

Quote from: Lady Gwyndolyn on October 21, 2008, 12:55:19 AM
Just a quick note about the parking lot,  it is on a rock bed so you can't get stuck if it rains. 

I sent you my thoughts in a message. Lots good. Lots.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor