News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Left Behind... (or, what would you be doing at faire right this minute?).

Started by *Teach*, October 18, 2008, 04:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Teach*

So... how about a thread for those of us left behind on weekends?
I was just sitting here now thinking... it's about time to start making my way towards Sea Devil se we can get seats for the train wreck.
Probably grab a bite of something fried on a stick to take with me or maybe some cajun chips
And when I got to the Sea Devil I would buy 2-3 cokes or 7-ups to put in my mug

*I already have rum with me... just have to buy set ups lol*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Chris B

I am making shields for my Kids' Halloween costumes and counting the minutes to next Saturday.  I am also praying for weather like this.  I would be enjoying musical acts, meeting several of you for the first time, taking pictures, and taking it all in.

Kehle

I'm still sewing myself. I was making me a new dress but ran into the problem of not enough material and I'm sure I bought the last of what was on the bolt so I came on the forums to cool down as I rethink my dress. Really that's on my mind more than what'd I'd be doing, cause I wouldn't go to the faire naked. . . or in mundane clothing, but what's the difference? Other than the stares? Actually, if I had to I would go in blue jeans and a tee shirt, but I do have backup if this dress doesn't work out. Oh by the way I tend to ramble when I post.

I'm praying for colder whether. My friends and I have black robes this year we want to wear and I get hot to easy.

Otherwise if I were at the faire, I think I'd be checking out all the hot guys in their costumes. Men are always sexier dressed up. I'd probably be shopping, and ogling, and trying to figure out how certain shops made their outfits so I could redo it at home.
Lurker is just the forum word for stalker.
(now lurking in FL)

LadyJessica

Right now the train wreck show would be about over and I'd be making my way back out to the parking lot to me car to head over to camp.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Zaubon

I'd be in camp for about 40 minutes. Started on supper and cursing myself for not leaving early enough to have things ready at the time I promised them.

eloquentXI

If not hanging out at my friends shop or at the Sea Devil, probably swinging by to see Blue at her shop before heading back to camp to settle down, have some of Zaubon's awesome cooking, hang out with McLotofUs and then go over to Safe Haven to hang out with Element of Air and Sir Jerrick Reyfe.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

*Teach*

2:00 on a Sunday... I would have just eaten something most likely and would be walking along with the Lovely Lady Trinn on some random shopping adventure. Possibly stopping to see a show along the way.
Instead... it's house cleaning day. Gotta be ship shape so there is nothing to do after getting home from next weeks adventure in faire.

*and would be sipping light on the rum today... gotta drive home*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Lord Duelist

This is an easy one for me... I usually do not go to faire on a Sunday (in fact, so far I do not think I have, save maybe for the very first time in my teenage years).

This will probably change at some point.

Catherine DArtois

Right now would be the ideal time to be packing up camp -- in the perfect world we would arrive Thursday night and leave Monday morning and enjoy EVERY FREAKING SECOND in between!!!
Campfire Chili Mistress
Clan McLotofus

LadyJessica

At this time...

Thursday - On my way to pick up Riot and James at the airport
Friday - helping people set up tents or sitting back and drinking
Saturday - walking around or seeing a show
Sunday - same as Saturday
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Lord Dragonspyre

At this time...

Thursday - Fidgiting nervously and looking at the clock, waiting to go home and pack up my camping gear to drive out to the campgrounds and set my spot up.
Friday - helping people set up tents, making last minute runs to the store for certain things, or sitting back and drinking
Saturday - walking around or seeing a show
Sunday - same as Saturday, only about 2 or 3 heading out to pack up my stuff to go home
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

eloquentXI

Thursday- pack up the chair, cooler, and blankets, and the pup tent as a reinforcement incase someone needs it.
Friday- try to concentrate in class, study for tests I won't be able to this weekend, go to Design class, then run to the airport and pick Capn Faye up. Head straight from DFW to camp!
Saturday- faire, yay faire!
Sunday- faire, yay, faire, half day though, pack up in the morn, leave in the afternoon, come back to Denton. Crash at the dorm
Monday- take Capn Faye back to the airport.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

LadyElizabeth

It's 3:07 right now and most likely I'd be playing with fairies right now over in the gardens or seeing a great show with a mug in my hands finally sitting down for the first time to eat... haha!!  I LOVE FAIR!!!  Can't wait for this weekend, wish I could take off friday to come up, but with a NEW job, it's not possible... sigh...
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate