News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Great Lakes Medieval Faire 2008

Started by Quiet One, May 12, 2008, 05:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Actually this linking arms thing to the pub might not be such a bad idea ... considering last year I could hardly walk after tailgate anyway. This will take a huge strain off Lady Guinness by doing this  ;D

If memory serves ... Mehan was stumbling so bad she spilled her bells all over the faire ... I still remember trying to police all them bells up, it felt like some kind of pathetic sobriety test ... which I failed :-\
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

DuCoeur

A rousing Chorus of Beer, beer, beer.... With our Number  they will hear us throughout the shire....WE may irritate a few acts along the way...

I just cannot wait til GLMF.

This will be an opening to remember. 

I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Scotsman

Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Quiet One

You won't forget, Scotsman.  The pictures will be around somewhere.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

mehan

Oh... I missed this.... I wasn't stumbling... I was stumbling overy YOU!  ;D

And, you did pass the bell picking up test... you just failed the later in the day craft project, string the bells - DuCouer won that one.

Scotsman

Quote from: mehan on June 04, 2008, 02:48:49 PM
Oh... I missed this.... I wasn't stumbling... I was stumbling overy YOU!  ;D

And, you did pass the bell picking up test... you just failed the later in the day craft project, string the bells - DuCouer won that one.

Leave it to a Frenchman to steal my thunder yet again! .... was that my inside voice?
Thank you Mehan for setting me straight! I knew there was a couple pieces of the puzzle missing, but the stumbling part was slightly Ewan's fault ... that cooler of Guinness was like Crack to me  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Well Dear Scotsman, you do still have your Lightening personality!!!   :D

I heard "cooler of Guinness".  Between Quiet One and I, there will be plenty of evidence, documentation, errr I mean plenty of Souls treasured away for future remembers.
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

DuCoeur

We may need Quiet ones and Lady Mikayla's "paintings" to remember this one.  I nearly forgot I had a camera with me at Virginia.

So what time are we all getting?  My goal is between 8 and 830.  Gate opens at 10(?) so I want to make sure I get to see everyone before our "GRande Entrance"
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Scotsman

Quote from: DuCoeur on June 08, 2008, 11:10:26 AM
So what time are we all getting?  My goal is between 8 and 830.  Gate opens at 10(?) so I want to make sure I get to see everyone before our "GRande Entrance"

Yup, I say between 8 - 8:30 sounds good. We should be able to get good parking and "hydrate" up in time for gate  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Old Tinker

My My, good people,
me Belle and me must arrange our AM schedule if we are to enjoy this breakfast of champions.
would there be anything miss'n at this early gate break'n gather'n ?
we have never been to a before open'n get together.
what do we expect  :o
are there really magic box's aloud ?
if we start at 8 - 8:30 AM,
does that mean we may be do'n a 12 hour run ?
Captain, Oh my Captain Morgan, thee may be have'n to watch over us,
(Hmm, think'n mayhaps de Captain may not be thee one to ask  ::) )
Oh Boy, me Belle and me better be ready for this one,
or we may be take'n by surprise (or should me say that we may surprise everyone).
tis but four short weeks for this event.
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Scotsman

Tink, we would love for you and Belle to join in on our fun before faire. I am sure as the time grows closer we will be able to iron out the details better. Also I am sure the Noon rush will be on again this year  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Capt. Morgan

Quote from: Old Tinker on June 09, 2008, 07:03:28 AM
or we may be take'n by surprise (or should me say that we may surprise everyone).

Dearest Tinker and his Belle...as this is our Shire, Dwyn and I shall be called upon to be ever mindful of your happiness AND safety, such is the love we hold for you and all who are favoring us with their presence!

The days past swiftly for this great gathering and with each passing day, the anticipation of fellowship and love sustain us!

I remain ever in your service, Master Tinker!

Morgan
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Old Tinker

Quote from: Capt. Morgan on June 09, 2008, 07:58:14 AM
Quote from: Old Tinker on June 09, 2008, 07:03:28 AM

Dearest Tinker and his Belle...as this is our Shire, Dwyn and I shall be called upon to be ever mindful of your happiness AND safety, such is the love we hold for you and all who are favoring us with their presence!

The days past swiftly for this great gathering and with each passing day, the anticipation of fellowship and love sustain us!

I remain ever in your service, Master Tinker!

Morgan

Mmmm, Mmmm,
that's all we need'd,
was a few words from our Captain,
and we can be satified'd now untill our meet.
we "belong" to thee our Captain Morgan,
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

DuCoeur

Mon Brave Tinker, You are in the most excellent hands at GLMF.  Not only the most capable Hands of Dear Morgan (those amazing hands,) and  Sweet Dwynn,  But at every turn mon ami you will find a friendly face to guide you and keep you headed in the right direction...and yes that direction would be to the pub.

Now which pub is the question.  GLMF has 3...Altho Scotsman only saw 2, but remembers one... or something like that.

As for Tailgating.  Worry not.  Bring  you and your Belle, And your drinking vessels and magically you will find them filled.

Oh the excitement is building, the boards are abuzz with anticipation....GLMF is just at the Horizon....

Capt Lucy

This is truly going to be another wonderful time!  :)
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...