News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Outstanding Closing Day

Started by jmkhalfmoon, October 20, 2008, 09:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmkhalfmoon

Well the weather could have only been more perfect, but if it was 5 degrees warmer perfection would have been achieved, Scotsman and I both agreed.  Lovely to see everyone, but Amras you eluded us all day.  We did take off a wee bit early and just in time really as it was getting crowded and the dust was really kicking up. 

Lady Maerwyn, the kids were thrilled by you and your lords garb and spoke of it at bedtime last night....steak on stake, classic.

See you all at VARF for starters in 2009.

If anyone has photos, please get them posted....I forgot the camera.

Dallan

That is was. And I thought the weather was perfect. I prefer a little chill over heat and humidity. I spotted your husband but didn't get a chance to say hello. Sorry we didn't bump into each other.
Fight'n

jmkhalfmoon

I looked for you guys when popped into the White Hart...we were on the move most of the day to help keep the kiddies warm and to get in our favorite shows for one last time this year.

Dallan

Same for us. We didn't spend as much time at White Hart socializing as we typically would. Since it was the last day we tried to have the kids do as much as they wanted. Diane even stood in the long line for the elephant with our youngest. Hope to see you again soon.
Fight'n

analise

Amras was elusive because he didn't have his walking stick and Spyro with him! I only happened to bump into him (almost literally) coming out of Art of the Wood or I'd never have found him.

Dallan

Quote from: analise on October 20, 2008, 07:37:32 PM
Amras was elusive because he didn't have his walking stick and Spyro with him! I only happened to bump into him (almost literally) coming out of Art of the Wood or I'd never have found him.

I didn't see him at all. Only saw you for a brief moment at tailgate. Sorry I din't get a chance to say hello. It was a busy social morning.
Fight'n

Gimli

Sadly I missed Amras this year to.
Now you can't really blame that on me.

Master James

Yup I somehow missed him too but I don't think I missed too many others!  It is sad that this year has ended but it was a great year.  Can't wait to see everyone at whatever faire I next see you at!  And if I must wait until Revel Grove once again opens its gates then so be it because I will be there for sure!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Amras Elfwine

It was indeed a day of wrong...no squirrels, no staff, and dressed in a new Moresca jacket...just plain wrong...

The crowd was so large, it was one of those days where you couldn't find someone who may have been standing 10 feet away from you.

A grand closing day!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Capt. Morgan

Tell me about it! I missed you totally...obviously a glitch in the "Matrix"!!! You'll just have to get your squirrley tail up our way for Faire next year M'dear!!!
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Nailin

I had a blast and I'm so happyI got to see the Babes!
I loved everyone's day of wrong garb especially the Steak on a Stake
Thank you so much to everyone :)
Loved the Double T
Never did find Summer but I did find Spring, Fall & Winter
Jim - that was just wrong - kiss kiss
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

Amras Elfwine

Quote from: Capt. Morgan on October 21, 2008, 03:32:50 PM
Tell me about it! I missed you totally...obviously a glitch in the "Matrix"!!! You'll just have to get your squirrley tail up our way for Faire next year M'dear!!!

...careful what you ask for, love!! :D
We will do it, and soon!!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: Nailin on October 21, 2008, 04:54:35 PM
*snip*
Loved the Double T
*snip*

We're glad you enjoyed it m'dear. It was one of our accidental finds this year and we sure are glad we found it!!  :)

Capt. Morgan

Quote...careful what you ask for, love!! :D
We will do it, and soon!!

Bring it on my Lord of the Squirrels...I can take it!  ;)
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Master James

Quote from: Nailin on October 21, 2008, 04:54:35 PM
IJim - that was just wrong - kiss kiss

Glad you liked it!  Kiss Kiss!   ;D
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51