News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 VARF Dates

Started by Master James, October 21, 2008, 08:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master James

The new dates for VARF have been announced.  Yes this is correct, we are not open Memorial Day.   Hope to see you all there!

May 16, 17 
May 23, 24 
May 30, 31 
June 6, 7 
June 13, 14 

5621 Courthouse Road
Spotsylvania, VA
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

jmkhalfmoon

We will be there to celebrate the wee lass's birthday on opening day!  I love Memorial Day at the faire, but I'm guessing attendance was low on that day.

Lady de la Warr

Oh - you will definitely see me there next season. Last season I only could attend one day because of my surgery. This next season I'm going to try very hard to make up for that - especially since I had a lovely offer from a friend to let her know when I want to attend and we can stay with her for the weekend (and I told her I most definitely take her up on that offer!)

Do you know yet if there are any openings on cast - specifically on the Court?

will paisley

Quote from: jmkhalfmoon on October 21, 2008, 08:20:56 AM
We will be there to celebrate the wee lass's birthday on opening day!  I love Memorial Day at the faire, but I'm guessing attendance was low on that day.

Not to mention the high-numbered Circle of Hell that I-95 becomes on Memorial Day evening.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Lady de la Warr on October 21, 2008, 08:41:31 AM
Oh - you will definitely see me there next season. Last season I only could attend one day because of my surgery. This next season I'm going to try very hard to make up for that - especially since I had a lovely offer from a friend to let her know when I want to attend and we can stay with her for the weekend (and I told her I most definitely take her up on that offer!)

M'lady you would definitely make an excellent addition to our cast at VARF esepcially in the Court.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

jmkhalfmoon

Quote from: will paisley on October 21, 2008, 09:39:36 AM

Not to mention the high-numbered Circle of Hell that I-95 becomes on Memorial Day evening.

But isn't that everyday on I-95?

Lady Jai

Do I know this friend? 
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

lordwriothsley

Is it time for faire yet?I so need my faire fix.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Master James

Yes low attendance was definitely a factor in deciding to not be open on Memorial Day.

I am quite sure we will be having openings available in court!  Should know in a few weeks when auditions are and once they are set, I'll post them out here.  You would CERTAINLY be a welcome addition!  However I'm looking for more men especially to join court!  WE NEED MEN!  Pass it on!   ;D
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

lowlandscot

Quote from: will paisley on October 21, 2008, 09:39:36 AM

dangnubbit, I was really looking forward to spending three hours staring at the entrance gate to Dahlgren waiting for the traffic on the Nice Bridge to move a couple of feet. Again.

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: Lady Jai on October 21, 2008, 11:28:40 AM

Do I know this friend? 

Yes Milady - I think you may know her indeed!  ;)

In fact I've had more than one lovely friend make such an offer and I think you are acquainted with them others as well  :)

Also - did you get my email about your wine?

Quote from: Master James on October 21, 2008, 03:00:25 PM

I am quite sure we will be having openings available in court!  Should know in a few weeks when auditions are and once they are set, I'll post them out here.  You would CERTAINLY be a welcome addition!  However I'm looking for more men especially to join court!  WE NEED MEN!  Pass it on!   ;D

Thank thee Milord - your kind words are much appreciated and I shall look into the possibility as soon as I know what my work situation will be (I'm currently looking to make a change in that arena). How'er if auditions are such that they occur before the work venue change - the new job - when it becomes a reality - will just have to deal with it!

Mayhap I can talk Prince Oswyn into participating provided the work situation will bend to his will???

I shall speak with him  :)

SirBlackFox

hmmmm with the new Faire Magazine joining The Pyrates Way. . . we may have to set up EVERY weekend!  Plus. . .  some of the cast asked my daughter to join. . .so we'll be down for auditions as well.
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

will paisley

Suddenly I'm seeing your DOW outfit in a whole new light  ;)
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Master James

Quote from: SirBlackFox on October 22, 2008, 09:54:29 AM
hmmmm with the new Faire Magazine joining The Pyrates Way. . . we may have to set up EVERY weekend!  Plus. . .  some of the cast asked my daughter to join. . .so we'll be down for auditions as well.

Great news!  I think she would make a fantastic addition to the cast!

Quote from: will paisley on October 22, 2008, 11:15:46 AM

Suddenly I'm seeing your DOW outfit in a whole new light  ;)

Well you will see it again on Dress Rehearsal but without the makeup!  Marion already said it was approved for that!  LOL

Quote from: Lady de la Warr on October 22, 2008, 09:53:18 AM

Thank thee Milord - your kind words are much appreciated and I shall look into the possibility as soon as I know what my work situation will be (I'm currently looking to make a change in that arena). How'er if auditions are such that they occur before the work venue change - the new job - when it becomes a reality - will just have to deal with it!

Mayhap I can talk Prince Oswyn into participating provided the work situation will bend to his will???

I shall speak with him  :)

That would be totally AWESOME!!!!!  I certainly hope you guys can make auditions!!!
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

aidenoffairfax

Ooooooooh. Dates posted..... that means it's just around the corner(ish)
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!