News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

After Faire Places to go

Started by dinkywench, April 30, 2009, 11:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinkywench

Can anyone more familiar with the area suggest good places near the faire to get a bite/drink when the faire closes? I am visiting Memorial Day weekend and am staying at a marina close to the faire. I know there are lots of places in Fredericksburg but do not want to drive too far if there are good places close by.

~pixie~

Everyone goes to Hubba's!  It's just a couple of miles from faire, next to the Shell gas station on 208 (Courthouse Rd).
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

Spanky

I recommend Hubba's also....good food and great atmosphere 
Spank'n M'Crack

lordwriothsley

I agree with Pixie and Spanky, not only does Hubba's have some of the best food you have ever tasted but along with the great atmosphere the people there are also wonderful and very friendly. So I as well would also recommend Hubbas dinkywench.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Femme Falchion

Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Feline Groovy

Hubba's is fine for kids.  It's the rest of us you have to watch out for.    ;)
Where was I going and how do I get there?

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Feline Groovy on May 01, 2009, 11:55:44 AM
Hubba's is fine for kids.  It's the rest of us you have to watch out for.    ;)
Ain't that the truth.  ;D
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

reese

I'll add to the Hubba's vote and I take my kids (nearly 7, 10, &17) there.   I figure if they didn't get completly demented at Faire, then the gang at Hubba's can't do them any more harm  ;) 

Hubba's is a "hole in the wall local" eatery/hangout, never can go wrong with that. 

Reese

Feline Groovy

Quote from: Spanky on May 01, 2009, 12:45:10 PM
At least most of my shot's are up to date  :)

Had a coupon, didja?    ;)
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Dallan

Dinkywench -

Glad we'll be there the same weekend.
Fight'n

dinkywench

I'm really looking forward to the our visit and can't wait to hang with you all!

~pixie~

If anyone finds themselves staying at hotels in Fredericksburg, near the Massaponnax exit off I-95 (#126), there's a faire-friendly place called The Tavern at Lee's Hill.    http://www.myspace.com/thetavern05

"The Tavern at Lee's Hill...located at 10649 Spotsylvania Avenue, Fredericksburg, Virginia 22408. Our entire menu is available for carry out - 540-710-1187. The Tavern at Lee's Hill is an Irish Pub inspired restaurant that prides itself on our food, spirits, and services. We are always ready to serve and love having a good time! Our mission is to be the restaurant were we know your name and have your drink poured before you sit down. The Tavern at Lee's Hill NOW has a smoking and non-smoking section. 

Our bar is dedicated to those merry souls who make drinking a pleasure, who achieve contentedness long before capacity, and who, whatever they drink prove able to carry it, enjoy it, and remain gentlemen and ladies. "

~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White