News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 VARF Dates

Started by Master James, October 21, 2008, 08:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master James

Quote from: fblanton on February 13, 2009, 09:27:21 AM
Hello everyone! I thought I would jump in and say what a great time I had last year on opening day see you all again! Some of you know me as Francis Poldark from the Militia in years past at VARF. I can not wait for May either. This year I have a new character, Lord Dungcaster, of these near Parts {in relation to Stafford of course} Anyway I am looking forward to roaming about the village visiting and "playing". The chamber pot gig has been retired and infact was presented to Her Majesty last year. I hope to bring a nice little treasure chest of somewhat period object D'art to present to the Queen along with the little chest as a donation of items to VARF. I of course will let those incharge "approve" these items first and seek the Nobles direction as to when I may aproach Her Majesty in court. Yes it's the same outfit but a new name and outlook! I hope to bring some friends along as well to help the coffers naturally! VARF and those associated has been a wonderful experience for me that I will always hold close to my heart! Hope to see you all on opening day! Huzzah!!
Sinc,
Frank Blanton  Lord Dungcaster, of these near Parts
Richmond, Va.

As far as a time to present to the Queen, there will be a show called Queen's Audience and that will be the time to make your presentation.  If you could stop by early after gate and ask for Baron Buckhurst (me) or Countess of Lincoln, we would like to take a look at what you wish to present and then make sure you get your opportunity to present it to Her Grace.  I'm very glad you enjoy our faire.  We work very hard to make it enjoyable for all and I look forward to seeing you there.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Captain Dungcaster

Very well. I will do that. This warm weather we have been experiencing has got me thinking!
"Fantasy Football, Dungeons & Dragons for Jocks"
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

lordwriothsley

Frank long time no see my friend. How have you been doing lately. I must say that it was good to see you last year on opening day at faire. It felt like old times again to have you there with us "playing". Just out of curiosity are you planning on rejoining the cast again? It would be great to have you back on cast again whether it be full time or just part time.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Maerwynn

I will be looking forward to seeing you as well.  Master James and I will be at the Noble's Glade after the gate opening and as he said we would be most happy to help you. 
Clan M'Crack - Breeze'n
FoMDRF
FoVarf
IWG #42

Captain Dungcaster

Kit, all,
I am unable to do more than come out for a day or two at this time. Work and travel keeps me pretty busy not to mention my other pursuits, 1/35th scale model building and World War One renacting as an Australian soldier. Trench Mortar section with the Great War Association. I hope everyone is well! See you all soon!
Frank B.
"Fantasy Football, Dungeons & Dragons for Jocks"
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

McGuinness

Looks like I *might* be able to make it down to play on the 17th. Hopefully, I'll be able to beg up something to wear and play as a noble again. If not, I'll slum it up in peasant garb. Hope to see you all again then!

Master James

Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on May 11, 2009, 07:36:55 AM
Looks like I *might* be able to make it down to play on the 17th. Hopefully, I'll be able to beg up something to wear and play as a noble again. If not, I'll slum it up in peasant garb. Hope to see you all again then!

Can't wait to see you again!  You, Doc, Patti and anyone else are MORE than welcome to come play with us in court again this year!
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

McGuinness

Oh, we're invading all right! As of right now, it looks like there are about 7 or 8 of us from the PaRF cast coming down for the day so far. I'm not sure how many are coming down in garb or with characters since we just started our rehearsal season a couple week ago, but we will definitely play with you all. We'll have more peasants than nobles this time around though. I had a lot of fun last year, you made us all feel like rockstars and like part of the family.

Master James

Well I can't wait to see you all!  Bring as many as you want!  See you on Sunday!
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

lordwriothsley

Colleen would Kelly Morris your queen at PARF happen to be one of the people that will be invading this year?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

McGuinness

No, she's not coming with us as far as I'm aware. She's not back in PA yet and is still in NYC last I knew. But, her boyfriend is our music dirctor and he knows about the trip I believe so anything is possible I guess

will paisley

Quote from: fblanton on February 20, 2009, 08:38:28 AM
Kit, all,
I am unable to do more than come out for a day or two at this time. Work and travel keeps me pretty busy not to mention my other pursuits, 1/35th scale model building and World War One renacting as an Australian soldier. Trench Mortar section with the Great War Association. I hope everyone is well! See you all soon!
Frank B.

You digger you! I'd challenge you to a game of Two Up, if I could remember how to play. ;)  I'll see if I can scrounge up anything resembling Anzac biscuits for you.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Tim T

Just a heads up; the 2009 merchant list is up on the VARF site.

Check it out here: http://www.varf.org/merchants.html

Colleen McG-
I'll be looking for you on Sunday.  I owe you a beer!
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

McGuinness

Quote from: Tim T on May 13, 2009, 11:58:43 AM
Colleen McG-
I'll be looking for you on Sunday.  I owe you a beer!

You do? Alright then, cant argue with that.  8)