News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Huzzah! Camping! :) Where do I put my tent? :)

Started by ADraeger, October 21, 2008, 02:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADraeger

Hubs and I are going to attend TRF this year (thank goodness.  I was thinking we couldn't make it), with a few friends in tow.  We are wanting to camp (can't afford hotels & they're not fun anyhow), and I was wanting advice on where to place ourselves. :)  We aren't rowdy (at least I don't think so, but we've never all been drinking at once before).  We do enjoy drink, and as a few of us are lightweights, bedtime will probably be relatively early (haha).  I thought I'd consult you guys as we don't want to stumble (literally and figuratively) uninvited into someone's clan/favorite camping spot/shower area/flogging area/etc.  Right now, we are looking at coming down the weekend of Nov. 8th or 22nd (still ironing out details).  Thanks! :)

MacLaren

Join us at row 8 where McLotofus are. We're relatively tame, and don't bite too hard. ;D
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Riot

"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

ADraeger

Tanyor

ADraeger

Tanyor

Fantastic.  ;D  I can see we will be the bestest of friends.  :P

*Teach*

Good job Taynor, keep 'em in line when I ain't watchin;

*rum is always a better bribe*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

MacLaren

Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

ADraeger

Rum and Scotch it is then!  (And vodka.  I'm cheap and like me some screwdriver. lol)  :)

SirRichardBear

single malt? 18 years in the cast?  Now you're talking a real bribe. 

And to think some poor fool once ask me in me kilt if I had wine in my flask.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

mpullen

Quote from: ADraeger on October 21, 2008, 02:33:29 PM
I was wanting advice on where to place ourselves. I thought I'd consult you guys as we don't want to stumble (literally and figuratively) uninvited into someone's clan/favorite camping spot/shower area/flogging area/etc.  Right now, we are looking at coming down the weekend of Nov. 8th or 22nd (still ironing out details).  Thanks! :)

Check my message thread on Playtron camping. The third or so message in the thread has my map and weekly camping locations. That will give you some idea of who is camping where and give you some choice of where to locate.

Of course, after the Thursday afternoon and Friday morning land rushes, all bets are off.

I personally camp at the Drunken Gnomes, but that may be a bit too close to the rowdy bunch. McLotofUs has a good location and if you post your desire to join the encampment, they should have enough room. Post what size tent you'll be setting up. Stop by my travel trailer at location 3A and say hello.

ADraeger

Thanks for the advice! :)  I read in passing about the Thurs. afternoon/Fri morning land rush.  I am currently trying to get off work so I can make it down there in time (we're 5 - 5 1/2 hrs away), but it looks like I won't be getting there to set up until late Friday afternoon. :(  Yet another one of the reasons why I asked for advice on this matter. lol  All I care about is 1) not getting run over in my tent by a drunk driver, 2) not putting up with blaring techno music all night, and 3) just staying away from the huge fire pit (I'd call it more of a bonfire last time I was there)/ravers.  :)  As long as we can avoid those things and meet awesome people, we should be fine. :) :)  OH! and 3) not returning from faire/walking around/anything to find our entire campsite empty.  lol  :)  I will certainly stop by and say "Hello".  And I'll hop on the McLotofUs thread and ask if we can join them when we get the weekend secured. :)  Thanks!

Lady Kitara

You're also welcome at with Clan Procrastination. We won't be camping again until Highland Fling and Closing weekends. But you're welcome to join us as well. But I'm sure you'll be in good hands with McLotofus as well!!!
First Lady Clan Procrastination
Mistress of Tasty Edibles
Kilted Privateer's Wench

ADraeger

Wonderful! Thanks for the invite! I suppose we'll go wherever there is space (if they'll have us). lol  I imagine you can easily find us as we'll probably be the ones with stupid/confused/lost looks on our faces until we find spots. :)

MacLaren

If you're coming for All Hallows, Just get to row 8-10 next to the paved road and look for neon pink and green tapes. I'm sure we can squeeze you in someplace. It's a big party I'm marking off for, so let us know....Blue in particular. She's the one coordinating it all.
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Blue66669

Blaidd Drwg

ADraeger

I imagine we won't be making All Hallows, unfortunately. :(  (That was the weekend I **really, really** wanted to go.)  Due to a sick twist of fate, a lot of my group are having to work that weekend. :(  (I'm pouting and am feeling extremely sad for them.)  So, count us out for that weekend, please. :(   (And thank all of you for the invites! :) )