News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Advice for the Shy?

Started by Crystal, October 22, 2008, 08:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Synikul

Quote from: Crystal on October 23, 2008, 07:32:28 PM
I appreciate all of your kind comments and advice! Many thanks!

It irks me that my shyness gets in the way of what I want to do. Heh, I'm sure after a little while of walking around, I'll feel more at ease. :)
I'm not the type to go up to others and talk however, but hopefully I'll conjure up the guts to do so (or least have a decent conversation!).
I planned on going only weekend this season, but perhaps I can go twice to get the hang of things and feel more comfy.

Once again, thank you all!

Heck, look at the way I dressed this year at ORF. You'll attract attention as a faun, then you'll have to deal with people. There's no better cure for shyness than alcohol, which is in abundance at any fair. :)

Crystal

Haha, I'm (disappointingly) "under age", so there will be no drinking for me!
Hello Tipsy Gypsy! I'll be attending Saturday, Nov. 8th.

fluffy tail

I to am very shy and don't really drink at the faire, I understand how you feel.  I have a little squirrel puppet which is a great ice breaker. The kids and drunks love it.

Just go have fun and enjoy your garb.

IWG #3371
Royal Wine Taster
Tinker #2
FOKTOP
landshark #38

Amras Elfwine

Quote from: fluffy tail on October 28, 2008, 01:52:26 PM
...I have a little squirrel puppet...

HAH! I knew there was something I really liked about you!!! ;D

Crystal, I too am the classic introvert on the outside of the fest walls, but going through the gates, it always feels like coming home to me!
As the others have said, don't worry about the folks around you, just have a good time, and you'll soon be in the middle of everything!

And, you might be surprised at how many of we shy-types are  in there with you.
Cheers!
Amras "That Squirrel Over There Gets More Action Than Most of the People Do at Faire!" Elfwine
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Dayna

Yup, I'm the most extroverted introvert I know, not shy, just Incredibly Uncomfortable being anywhere that I don't know people.  I'm older, stouter, and creakier than a lot of the women, but when I'm at faire I can flirt with the best of them, because I Know that everyone knows I don't mean it.  In the outside world, a 48 year old 180 pound woman coming on to a young stud would be laughable, but at fair it's enjoyable and taken as a compliment.  Vice versus, where else am I going to have young studlys telling me how beautiful I am?

I put on the bodice, and I become another person, because what happens at faire stays at faire, and everyone else there feels the same way I do.  The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play!  Plus, as many of my fellow wenches know, Ren clothing does wonders for the figure, it's easy to feel sexy in a bodice and skirt.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven