News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wrinkled Clothing?

Started by Kehle, October 23, 2008, 11:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kehle

I'm using some fabrics this year on my dresses that I'm afraid might wrinkle when packed for camping. Does anyone know a good way to freshen the fabric and get the wrinkles out when electricity for irons isn't available? 
Lurker is just the forum word for stalker.
(now lurking in FL)

Sitara

Downy Wrinkle releaser works quite well.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Muffin

I second the Downy Wrinkle Releaser!! I loathe ironing and this has worked well for me..  :) Has a nice fresh smell to it too!!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Kehle

Thanks, mates. I'll give that a try.
Lurker is just the forum word for stalker.
(now lurking in FL)

Lady Ann of Draycott

I could not live without Downy Wrinkle Releaser...if I ever found out they were not going to make it anymore I would make it my mission in life to buy up every bottle I could find.....
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

MacLaren

An old school iron with hot coals will work too. I have been guilty of ironing my kilt with one. Just spray whatever it is with water for steam.
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Nailin

wow - I'm going to have to find this Downy wrinkle releaser
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

Dinobabe

It really works.  Even my husband figured out how to use it!  :o
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

anne of oaktower

Just a warning - if you have any fragrance problems like I do, Downy Wrinkle Releaser may land you in a hospital bed instead of at Faire!  I can't even be within several feet of someone who has used it.  (Admittedly, I am hyper-sensitive to fragrances and chemicals.)

For those of you who choose to use it and don't know how you would live without it - did you know you can make your own?  Buy a cheap spray bottle fill it most of the way with water and add a couple of teaspoons/tablespoons of regular Downy fabric softener.  Spray clothes lightly, let dry, and you're good to go.  (Too bad I can't use that trick anymore.)
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: anne of oaktower on March 13, 2009, 06:18:03 PM
For those of you who choose to use it and don't know how you would live without it - did you know you can make your own?  Buy a cheap spray bottle fill it most of the way with water and add a couple of teaspoons/tablespoons of regular Downy fabric softener.  Spray clothes lightly, let dry, and you're good to go.  (Too bad I can't use that trick anymore.)

oooh i will have to try that little trick  :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88