News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I just want to say thank you

Started by kdubya, October 25, 2008, 10:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdubya

I, along with my wife and three daughters attended TRF for the second year.

After our first visit last year we couldn't wait to get back. We had a wonderful time today once again.

I discovered this forum last night and wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for doing what you love, giving my family a few hours away from the current everyday stresses in life, and most importantly, allowing us to enjoy the experience that is Texas Renaissance Festival.

We live southwest of Houston. My regret is that we don't live closer, as I would probably attend every weekend. I am 42 years old, and I'm kicking myself for never attending before last year.

Thanks again for all of the hard work, dedication, and commitment.

Kelly Walger
Richmond, Texas

Brother Octavius

Your welcome but I had nothing to do with it.  It's a great event and for $5.00 you can pay a wench to take 9 tails to your back side.  I love TRF.
In the privy with an open door policy.
Former Arnulf surveyor of lands both near and far.

MollyGrue

After I attended TRF for the first time (about 8 years ago) and I wondered why my family and I hadn't done it sooner. I absolutely love it and look forward to it every year. Its certainly one of those dream vocations for me to be involved with TRF(or any Ren Fest. I'm having to broaden my horizons since I'm moving to Washington State in January). The weekends I attend TRF are always so much fun and appeal to a certain carefree, tranquil part of my soul that I don't often get to indulge because I'm so bogged down by the mundane aspects of life. It has always been like stepping into another world when I visit TRF, one that is accepting and encourages everyone to break out of their shells and be who they would truly like to be. I wish life could be like that all the time.

And yes, this is all thanks to the people who strive so hard to make the Ren Fest the amazing experience that is. I know so much time and effort goes in to hiring those wonderful actors and making the ambiance believable. I'm sure its hard work, but you know they've got to be having a blast while doing it.

So, for all of those people who make the Ren Fest what it is, I, too, commend your performance and thank you so much for providing a great time for all of us patrons year after year.