News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

3 weeks to go

Started by humphrey, October 24, 2008, 09:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humphrey

hey all, just a little updat

three weeks before the next gathering

one major change has come about in the past few weeks. first, the back story. one of our officers has been working "against" the castle and the kogt for the past few years. i personally wanted him removed from the beginning, but, because of the type of person he is everyone was afraid of what he might do if he was kicked out. well, after years of crap, they finally decided to get rid of him. and apparently the fears were justified. we are being sued in civil court. plus, he called the fire department on us and tried to get our haunted house shut down. the shame there is he is an idiot and all the little things the fire department tried to use against us were resolved years ago, unfortunately we had to spend 5k on our lawyer to fend off symmes township. the 5k is just about all we will make on the haunted house, too. next we have a state auditor coming in to go over our books, to see if there has been any criminal activities concerning our money and our 501C3 charitable status. no worries though, the castle makes so little money, if it were a person it would be on food stamps and a wica truck would stop by once a month to give us free cheese. now you wouldnt think any of this would affect the castleteers, but oddly it does. another of his attacks has come focusing on the park (with the fire ring) that harry created 80+ years ago. he has symmes township convinced that it is their land and we have no right to use it. our lawyer has assured us that we could take the park and the road, but it would take a couple years and a ton of money. our estemed leaderships reaction was simple, we will never set foot in the park again. Sad stupid, in my opinion, but oh well. this means we will gather at a new fire ring, on the upper level of the gardens. it is a great spot actually, but fred and i have to prepare it for the castleteers. which is inconvienent at best, i have two other fund raisers between nov 1st and nov 21 Razz i dont have time for it lol but i believe you all will really appreciate the location, it has an awesome view and you feel seperate by part of the castle all at the same time. plus you have the greenhouse right next to it, with its own furnace lol

well, thats the jest of it. no biggie really, but a slight change still

see you all soon

Old Tinker

our "Captain humphrey",
me Belle and me just want to say that we are so thankful for your and Sir Fred's efforts in behalf of the "Castleteers". if on Nov. 15th there be a need for a work party, you can count on us. we plan on arrive'n early Sat. (10 - 11 AM, about a three to four hour drive, this is why we will not be able to be there Friday night. off mundane work at about 5pm, make'n it to late to head your way that night). so if there be choirs, cleaning the gardens, or any other jobs that need to be done, we are happy to assist.

hope thee are well,
we shall see thee in a few short weeks "Captain",
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Poof Bird

Man, I remember talking to you about this situation before, and it seems that it is slowly coming true.  We can't let anything happen to Harry's masterpiece...

Let's have a bake sale!  :P

Old Tinker

all know this;
there is no other like our "Captain", 
and we hold him up high on our list of friends,
fore this man has gone beyond for us "Castleteers",
this from the begin'n me Belle and me knew.
thank you our "Captain humphrey",
without his efforts, there would be NO "Castleteers" !
we also would like to say, that Sir Fred, has always been at our "Gather'ns",
he also needs to be recognized as our friend also.
some may say that the "Gather'ns" have evolved,
but this Old Tinker only knows that,
"Castleteers" are what they are,
and me Belle and me are VERY proud to be call'd one.
three cheers for the "Knights of the Golden Trail",
HUZZAH, HUZZAH, HUZZAH !!

"Long Live Harry's Dream"

OT & B
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Imestra

Quote from: Old Tinker on October 28, 2008, 02:39:29 PM
all know this;
there is no other like our "Captain", 
some may say that the "Gather'ns" have evolved,
but this Old Tinker only knows that,
"Castleteers" are what they are,
and me Belle and me are VERY proud to be call'd one.
three cheers for the "Knights of the Golden Trail",
HUZZAH, HUZZAH, HUZZAH !!

"Long Live Harry's Dream"

OT & B

But of course, those who do not evolve, tend to become extinct.
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars