News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So what's in your flask? Favorite secret potions that you like to imbibe in

Started by RumbaRue, October 24, 2008, 12:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RumbaRue

A lot of people at events carry their secret survivor drink around in various containers disguised as an innocent accoutrement to their garb.

I had a small metal Celtic flask (sadly it got a puncture hole somehow and became useless) that I put my favorite drink in, Rootbeer Schnapps. (I'm looking for a new one if someone knows of where the Celtic metal flasks are for sale on-line, let me know!)
BTW- If you haven't tried it, do so - really good!

So what is your secret potion to carry around with you?

Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

KeeperoftheBar

Often I have a wee bit of brandy in mine.  Though one time I brought a tiny emergency bottle of rum to TRF for Teach.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Athena

RumbaRue, look on Ebay for a new flask, they have a huge selection. I've seen flasks with Celtic knotwork listed in the past.

My favorite potion is a mixture of Licor 43 and Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay coconut rum.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Hawkwind

Quote from: Athena on October 24, 2008, 12:33:27 PM
RumbaRue, look on Ebay for a new flask, they have a huge selection. I've seen flasks with Celtic knotwork listed in the past.

My favorite potion is a mixture of Licor 43 and Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay coconut rum.

That sounds good!

As for me, nothing so fancy. A good single malt to keep me warm on the cold Faire morn is all I need. Lately the Scotch of choice has been the Balvenie.

I just got a new flask that is not only larger in volume than my previous, but has a hinge to keep from losing the top..... brilliant that. The only problem is, I don't have a pouch large enough to fit it in. So my first stop next Saturday morning at Faire will be a leather merchant :)

Every renaissance comes to the world with a cry, the cry of the human spirit to be free. -Anne Sullivan Macy
~Hawkwind~

Lady Toadflinger

keeper of the royal menagerie

JessicaB

My flask usually has Bailey's as well. I've had rum in it before, but warm rum isn't as tasty to me as warm Bailey's. Vodka fails for that one reason.

Welsh Wench

Quote from: Athena on October 24, 2008, 12:33:27 PM

Why, what a co-incidence! So is mine!
We can thank Lady Alicia for the Licor 43 indoctrination!

No wonder we drink together!  ;D

Although sometimes I like the Licor 43 straight out of the flask.

*sigh* It really is too bad we can't fit frozen mudslides in there. Guess we have to move it to the beach bar then.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Amras Elfwine

If its not Maker's Mark Bourbon, its sure to be a 50/50 mixture of Jameson Irish Whisky and Irish Mist...very good to put a sparkle on a day!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

PurpleDragon

Depends on the flask... as I tend to carry more than one when I am carrying...  One will have a well aged single malt (15 - 20 years or older preferred), and the other will most likely have Captain Morgan's Private Stock.  Occasionally I'll add a third flask which will carry Jim Beam Black in it.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Var Greyshadow

I've got a Celtic flask that fits perfectly in my old belt pouch.  (And, yes, got it off Ebay - don't remember the seller though.)  It usually has Loki in it, but if we're pirates, it'll have rum.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Tipsy Gypsy

Mead, and occasionally a nip of vanilla pecan liqueur or Atholl brose. Purely for medicinal purposes, of course. *cough*
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Tipsy Gypsy

"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Hawkwind

Speaking of mead. My good friend Vi-King and I make home made mead for TRF every year. I'll be there this weekend and though I don't drink mead, I usually have a boda bad of it on me for "medicinal purposes" as well. Say hello to me at the Prince of Wales at noon and I'll let you have a taste. It's QUITE good. We usually add a hint of peach or apple to spice it up.

~Hawkwind~
Every renaissance comes to the world with a cry, the cry of the human spirit to be free. -Anne Sullivan Macy
~Hawkwind~

Dustin

Bacardi Select rum. My flask fits nicely into one of my belt pouches - it's now officially the "flask pouch".
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV