News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So what's in your flask? Favorite secret potions that you like to imbibe in

Started by RumbaRue, October 24, 2008, 12:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blushing

Quote from: Hawkwind on October 27, 2008, 11:38:32 AM
Speaking of mead. My good friend Vi-King and I make home made mead for TRF every year. I'll be there this weekend and though I don't drink mead, I usually have a boda bad of it on me for "medicinal purposes" as well. Say hello to me at the Prince of Wales at noon and I'll let you have a taste. It's QUITE good. We usually add a hint of peach or apple to spice it up.

~Hawkwind~

I like mead ... I don't suppose you'll be there next weekend!?   ;D

My favorite mix is "nuts and berries" ... a mix of half Chambourg and half Frangelica.  I'm debating if I want to pack some in my suitcase for the trip (probably asking for trouble) or mix some when I get there.  Hmmm.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Malkavian

I don't carry a flask, but if I did, it'd be Laphroaig or Caol Isla

Hawkwind

Every renaissance comes to the world with a cry, the cry of the human spirit to be free. -Anne Sullivan Macy
~Hawkwind~

*Teach*

Flask Number one- Butterrum Loki
Flask Number two- Lokiberry Loki
Flask Number three- Almond Loki
Flask Number four- Cinnamon Loki

Yes I do carry four flasks on me in faire on pretty much any day. I love to share!
When you see my belt with all those pouches hanging from it... now you know why

*And there is also a fifth of rum in the boda bag that comes in with me to. The flavor depends on the mood of the day, currently it is parrot bay coconut (Thanks Tommy!)*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

VIII

Ahh, my favorite, on a cold day (ask Greg at TRF about this one) is B & B (Benedictine and Brandy) when it has been "bodice-warmed" all day by my wife.  Mmm, nothing like it!
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

SirRichardBear

I carry a good Scotch normally one of the Glenmorangie. 

Did once have someone ask what kind of wine I have in my flask me standing there in a kilt being accuses of carrying wine in me flask.  Good think the King's glove was up or I would have had to challenge over an insult like that.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

DonaCatalina

Quote from: SirRichardBear on November 09, 2008, 08:50:31 PM
I carry a good Scotch normally one of the Glenmorangie. 

Did once have someone ask what kind of wine I have in my flask me standing there in a kilt being accuses of carrying wine in me flask.  Good think the King's glove was up or I would have had to challenge over an insult like that.

That might have been me....teasing you....since I carry Brandy in mine... ;D
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Richard de Graeme

"For it is the doom of man that they forget."
NE OUBLIE!
Purveyor of dubious wisdom
Player of spoons
Herbalist

Lady Ann of Draycott

Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

rengeek77

Since the past few years at KC and St. L have almost all been all warm all the time, I like to either put some cold Buttershots in, or rum punch (based on the recipe we had at PyrateCon...mmmmMMMMM).  But we usually just bring in our own green apple cider for the mugs, too, and that hits the spot nicely!
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene
myspace.com/galleonsandgold
flickr.com/photos/prosperoandmiranda

Amira

Amira Hawkins
The Peasant Guild ~ California

Sonata

Quote from: Athena on October 24, 2008, 12:33:27 PM

My favorite potion is a mixture of Licor 43 and Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay coconut rum.

Hmm, I like them both! What proportions do you use? 50/50?

Personally I have one of those glass lightbulb bottles in a worked leather holder that's usually filled with vanilla rum for mixing with soft drinks. I also have a larger belt hung bottle holder that's been known to contain various vintages of loki in a decoratively shaped bottle.
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

Queen Bonnie

Single malt scotch is in my flask! Usually Lismore! YUMMM!
I don't like much sweet stuff.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

BLAKDUKE

Single malt scotch.   Either Laphroaig 12 years old or Usquebagh(sp)

If I run out at the last minute then Crown Royal in any of the 3 major distillings.

Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: RumbaRue on October 24, 2008, 12:13:33 PM
A lot of people at events carry their secret survivor drink around in various containers disguised as an innocent accoutrement to their garb.

I had a small metal Celtic flask (sadly it got a puncture hole somehow and became useless) that I put my favorite drink in, Rootbeer Schnapps. (I'm looking for a new one if someone knows of where the Celtic metal flasks are for sale on-line, let me know!)
BTW- If you haven't tried it, do so - really good!

So what is your secret potion to carry around with you?

I just got the latest Gaelstorm catalog, and they have a celtic flask in it.

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich