News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So what's in your flask? Favorite secret potions that you like to imbibe in

Started by RumbaRue, October 24, 2008, 12:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mairte

Apple pie....well, my oldest daughter makes it using apple juice, apple cider, Everclear and cinnamon sticks. It goes down smooth and has a KICK like a mule. I also like different kinds of rum mixed drinks. :)

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

Cruzan Black Strap Molassas Rum - like Aunt Jemima pancake syrup, with a kick. In fact one morning I splooshed onto pancakes at breakfast - YUMMY!
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

Tipsy Gypsy

Has anyone mentioned The Kraken (Rum)? What's your opinion if you've tried it?
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

kilteddispatcher

Cinnamon Aftershock, or a good rum...  why limit yourself to only one flask? They're just costuming, right? .....

Rapier Half-Wit

If her eyes aren't sparkling, you didn't do it right...

Rani Zemirah

I'm thinking maybe pineapple rum this year...  It even tastes good slightly warm, although it doesn't look as if it will be all that hot for AHE this year, anyway. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We had some coconut tequila at KCRF last weekend that was quite tasty (dang pirates  :P )
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Bob of the Lake

I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on October 19, 2010, 11:54:34 AM
We had some coconut tequila at KCRF last weekend that was quite tasty (dang pirates  :P )

Coconut Tequila?
Was this something they made up for you, or does it come bottled like that?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: DonaCatalina on October 20, 2010, 02:56:11 PM
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on October 19, 2010, 11:54:34 AM

Coconut Tequila?
Was this something they made up for you, or does it come bottled like that?

Nope - it was a purchased product.  They actually had a raffle and you could win some that came in a clear glass botttle that was a pirate head.  Now am not sure aboutn the bottle, but you can buy the tequila.  I am going to find some this weekend.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

kilteddispatcher

Hmm... reading this post and others on here has me getting ready to make an attempt at making loki--- prob start with the 'traditional' recipe first, til i think i've got it worked out, then start to experiment...

Jack Daw at Work

In my flask is a bit of the Macallan 12.  I took a flask with me (in my luggage) on my business trip to Detroit.  Last night was the anniversary of my father's death and I wanted to toast to his memory.
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

LadyStitch

The Pink Pirate has two flasks and he cant' decide which to fill with which.  Does he put the Agua D'Bolivia (Caffinated Alcohol, that will get you moving for gate!)   or Pyrate Rum.  Or does he just put simple JD in it to mix with soda. 
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: LadyStitch on October 26, 2010, 03:30:53 PM
The Pink Pirate has two flasks and he cant' decide which to fill with which.  Does he put the Agua D'Bolivia (Caffinated Alcohol, that will get you moving for gate!)   or Pyrate Rum.  Or does he just put simple JD in it to mix with soda. 

A Jack Daniels man?!?!  He and I are going to get along famously!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Jack Daw at Work

I didn't have to drink from my flask last night.  After dinner a colleague treated a couple of us to the drink of our choice.  The amll hotel bar had only two single-malts on the shelf (Glenfiddich and Glenlivet), so I had a dram of the Glenfiddich.  Delicious after a heavy meal.
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."