News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So what's in your flask? Favorite secret potions that you like to imbibe in

Started by RumbaRue, October 24, 2008, 12:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dallan

Quote from: VIII on November 09, 2008, 07:36:52 PM
Ahh, my favorite, on a cold day (ask Greg at TRF about this one) is B & B (Benedictine and Brandy) when it has been "bodice-warmed" all day by my wife.  Mmm, nothing like it!

Yup, B&B in mine as well. I'm always happy to share. I keep the bottle in the car in the event I need to refill it.
Fight'n

bradenmac

If PA allowed flasks, which I'm pretty sure they don't, I han't seen ne'er a flask about the shire, I would most certainly fill it with a single malt, preferably Laphroaig or a good cigar malt.

Richard de Graeme

Quote from: bradenmac on January 22, 2009, 06:58:29 AM
If PA allowed flasks, which I'm pretty sure they don't, I han't seen ne'er a flask about the shire, I would most certainly fill it with a single malt, preferably Laphroaig or a good cigar malt.

Stick to thy story, Sir. When thine Sheriff is near, hide in shadow, create diversion, and deny, deny, deny. 8)
"For it is the doom of man that they forget."
NE OUBLIE!
Purveyor of dubious wisdom
Player of spoons
Herbalist

Nailin

mine will have bacardi red peach rum mixed with dole fruit juice peach pinapple banana
happily nicknamed "the lexi" by former roomies

side story someone asked if i wanted to try irish coffee
i took a sip and said there isn't any coffee in it
& now i've falled in love with his secret receipe
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

washmcrack

Lairde Wash M'crack
aka Justin Driscoll
Chiefton Clan O'Doinn

Queen Bonnie

Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

MacKee

Patron or Crown...but never both!

Well...

Oh yeah, also Tito's...TRF does sell orange juice...

and lemonade...
The Order of Culloden Moor

groomporter

A Money saving tip?

A friend told us that a bar she used to work in used a Britta water filter pitcher to run cheaper vodka through and were able to pass it off as a more expensive brand. It supposedly actually works, because it removes the impurities that are removed by extra step that is used by more expensive brands, and the filter can be uses multiple times.

-Thought it might be a money saving tip for the recession.

Don't think it would work for other booze. For other alcohols it would probably remove some of  the bits that add the flavor.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Richard de Graeme

NE OUBLIE!
Player of spoons
Herbalist

DonaCatalina

Quote from: groomporter on January 28, 2009, 10:27:51 PM
A Money saving tip?

A friend told us that a bar she used to work in used a Britta water filter pitcher to run cheaper vodka through and were able to pass it off as a more expensive brand. It supposedly actually works, because it removes the impurities that are removed by extra step that is used by more expensive brands, and the filter can be uses multiple times.

-Thought it might be a money saving tip for the recession.

Don't think it would work for other booze. For other alcohols it would probably remove some of  the bits that add the flavor.

I saw this on Myth Busters. Apparently it works to a degree, but only on vodka.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

groomporter

Yeah, I mentioned it on my blog and someone told me they actually filtered it several times on Mythbusters to get it to work. Humbug.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Jack Daw at Work

I always carry a round, pewter flask in my sporran (pouch) filld with Macallan 12.  I also bring along a large pewter mug that I hang from my belt and occasionally have filled with what's good in the cask at the TX Ren Fest.
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

Richard de Graeme

Tried an interesting concoction this past weekend dubbed Smithee's Apple Pie. "The taste of apple pie in a cup" with a kick, eh. A fine homemade remedy. 8)
NE OUBLIE!
Player of spoons
Herbalist

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

Um, air. Because I haven't filled it yet.

But I'm getting good ideas!
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Jack Daw at Work

I just realized that I have some scotch left in my flask from the Rabbie Burns Supper.
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."