News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Could use a prayer or two and some happy thoughts if you have the time....

Started by ADraeger, October 24, 2008, 05:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard de Graeme

"For it is the doom of man that they forget."
NE OUBLIE!
Purveyor of dubious wisdom
Player of spoons
Herbalist

renren

I highly recommend weight watcher's myself, also!
They want to eat a certain amount, and eat healthier!
They're supportive, and I'm down 25 lbs so far, thanks to them!
If you're interested , their are members here on r/f.com, be glad to help ya!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Lady Renee Buchanan

I also highly reccommend Weight Watchers, having lost 64 lbs. and being a lifetime member.  Something I haven't seen mentioned is that they also have the Core Plan in addition to the Points Plan.  With the Core Plan, you have a list of allowable foods, and you can eat as much as you want of them until you feel full.  There is no points counting at all.  If you have a problem with numbers, that may help you.

I have found that losing weight with group support is much easier than trying to do it on my own.  Also, the fact of going every week holds me accountable, since my success or failure will become evident when I step on the scale.  By the way, due to my health issues, it took about 2 years to lose the 64 lbs.  There are some people who lose it much faster, but I couldn't.  My average loss per week was only 0.4 lbs.   If it comes off slowly, don't worry about it, at least it's coming off.

Good luck with your efforts. 
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

ADraeger

Thank you all for your support and advice. :)

I decided four weeks ago to give weight watchers a try - after I read that half of you have had great success with the program.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm older and more mature this go around or if it's because of my pressing health problems, but I have done absolutely wonderful with it and have lost 6.4 pounds, which is a wonderful start for me - especially since I haven't been able to exercise (again, health problems...). :) :)  :)  Doctor is pleased, husband is pleased/relieved, and I am relieved (and looking forward to reaching my first ten pound marker).  :) 

Thank you all again for your support and encouragement. :)  Words can't describe how hard it has been for me as I live out in the middle of nowhere and have few friends to turn to (really, really small town.. can't help that).  Thanks again, and God Bless! :) :) :)

Metheri

Great job.  ;D ;D There are message boards on the WW website and other websites like www.3fatchicks.com and Dottie's weight loss zone (www.dwlz.com) and Hungrygirl.com.
Metheri
Moneypenny
Cruise Director and Brigade Secretary for Clan O'Ceallaig
Irish Penny Brigade

lordwriothsley

Sweetie I'm glad that this is working well for you.You still are in my thoughts and prayers.Keep up the good work and before you know it you'll be down to a comfortable and healthy weight.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"