News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Phone Scam, be careful.

Started by gypsylakat, May 14, 2008, 07:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gypsylakat

Hey ya'll I'm telling everyone I know because I haven't seen it in the news or anything but this one actually happened to my mom and my boyfriends Grandmother.

Basically these people will call your house phone or your cell phone and feed you some phony stuff about like "Your warranty is expired could you please give us the make and model of your vehicle" or your address or some other stuff, now wouldn't it strike you as odd that a company doesn't have such information if they knwo your warranty is expired? MY mom asked to speak to a supervisor and they hung up on her, she tried to call back and it had been disconnected. I'm not sure what they said to my bf's grandmother but it was along the same lines and she told them to mail her the information and they hung up on her as well, she actually called the police and they confirmed that it was a scam and told her that they couldn't track it afterwards but had she given the people her information they could have tracked it that way....

My advice, just don't give them the info, if they call you, call police non-emergency and report it, seriously.
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

gypsylakat

"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

Queen Bonnie

I have gotten a lot of these! I found out they want $100 a month to cover a car. Rubbish!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!