News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Reenactment photo gallery

Started by groomporter, October 26, 2008, 09:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

It's not Renfaire, but I thought it might be fun to share a link to a gallery of photos from reenactors from various eras. There's everything from Ancient Rome to WWII
http://www.reenactor.net/forums/index.php?action=gallery
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Jon Foster

Cool site! As chance would have it, one of my students is really into the civil war reenactment stuff. I shot the skirmish they had last Sunday. It was actually pretty cool too. I only have one picture posted so far but hope to get more online later tonight...

Jon.

groomporter

Anna Iram

Thanks for this thread. I'd love to become involved in other areas of reenactment.  I had no idea how many areas of interest there were!

Any idea where the Convention will be this year.

Welsh Wench

Groomporter, about a year ago I was part of a re-enactment. On the 'battlefield' a Confederate soldier fell. It was hot and I watched as he crawled over to a tree where there was shade.
When the battle was over, all the soldiers lined up for photos.
Except one.
Someone was sent out to the battlefield to wake him up!

Too bad I didn't have a camera for that!

Re-enactments are fun but the Civil War ones are grueling to work.
Faire is so much easier.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

groomporter

Quote from: Anna Iram on October 26, 2008, 12:05:32 PM
Thanks for this thread. I'd love to become involved in other areas of reenactment.  I had no idea how many areas of interest there were!

Any idea where the Convention will be this year.

They're not doing an East coast convention this year

Reenactor Fest 5 is moving to the Westin Chicago North Shore Hotel in Wheeling IL.
http://reenactorfest.com

Reenactor Fest 6 will be December 4-6, 2009
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Cherry Hill, NJ
http://reenactorfest.com/refest6.php

Captain Jack Wolfe

I know the folks who started Reeneactor Fest from another forum I moderate at.  Nice people, and very dedicated to their craft!
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

groomporter

The main problem with Reenactor fest is seeing all the different costumes and being tempted to put together a portrayal for yet another era...  ::)

WWII seems to be the biggest growing area of reenacting lately, but I've had enough of marching as a soldier. If I were going to do it I'ld take up saxophone again and start a little combo group portraying a '40's USO band.

Anna Iram

See, I'd love to attend a Civil War renenactment. Okay, have to admit I love the clothes...but I like the era and I love to dance I love the chivalry of southern men. Thing is, if it's a war renenactment, I'm not sure where I'd fit in. Like Scarlette O'Hara, I'm not cut out to be nursing sick men. Surely there's more fun to be had than that?

Love the fourties. How fun would that be to be a singer ...*humming "Don't sit under the apple tree".*

groomporter

I confess to being a clothes horse. The real problem is that the Nazis had so many really snazzy looking uniforms. Like the black panzer unit ones

Anna Iram

Now *that's* got to be a real head trip. Portraying a Nazi.... :o

OHH!! Maybe I could be a spy for the French underground!

groomporter

Yeah the German WWII reenactors have problem, they can't just go to a bar or restaurant after an event without either changing clothes, or making special arrangements, whereas the Yanks and the Brits can show up in uniform with no problem. The running joke our first time at Reenactor Fest was "ya know , those Nazi's are pretty nice guys..."

Athena

Interesting site, especially the Civil War photos. I'd love to see the annual reenactment at Gettysburg in July. Went for the first time last year in the fall, and there were small pockets of reenactors scattered about. The town itself is a bit touristy, but being on the battlefield was pretty intense. You can really feel the history there, and I totally understand why it has a reputation for being haunted.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

renren

Wow! what fantastic outfits,from such diverse eras.
Will have to show this to the mister..he loves the roman aer, and wwII!
Thanks GP!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

groomporter

For fun here's my old 17th century reenactment group Clann Tartan (aka Col. Gaffney's Regt.) at a bunch of events.
http://clanntartan.org/gallery/index.html

If you look long enough you'll find a couple of me in there from the same event as this one: