News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2008 Storyline

Started by Lady_Glorianna, May 12, 2008, 08:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Glorianna

Although the official storyline has not been posted we do have a hint from the audition page:
"The year is 1541 King Henry VIII is wildly enamored with his lovely young wife, Katherine Howard. 
But is his "rose without a thorn"all that she seems?"
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Scotsman

Another Henry women eh? That sly dog!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady_Glorianna

Well, we now are moving to wife #5
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

mellingera

So, do we recycle after wife #6, back to wifey #1 again?

Lady_Glorianna

Not to say that that IS what WILL happen, but that is what has happened in the past.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

Lady Moonwolf

We have recycled back to wife one but on occasions we have gone on to the first year of Elizabeth's reign it depends on what they decide to write for the storyline for that year. I have seen it sometimes where we finished with wife six and the next year it was Elizabeth and I have also seen it where it was wife six and the next year was Katherine again. Both ways have had good story lines seems like they try to not use Elizabeth too often but go back to Katherine because the faire does run parallel to PA's and theirs has always been Elizabeth's reign least in the 6 years I have attended PA's. I have on the other hand attended Marylands for 12 plus years and seen the years of rolling over to restart the story line of wives.

SirBlackFox

It's up! (the storyline, that is)

His Rose without a Thorn
Revel Grove, Oxfordshire, England

The year is 1541.   King Henry VIII and His Royal Court visit Revel Grove as part of their annual summer progress.  In one short year Henry has had his marriage to Anna of Cleves annulled, and now married the young Katherine Howard, his fifth queen.

The King is besotted with his beautiful, charming young wife and delights in showing her off to the kingdom.  But is this English rose truly what she seems?  Rumors are starting to swirl about her sordid past.  But she is so young, certainly she could not be guilty of the  shocking indiscretions whispered at court....could she?

http://www.rennfest.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=27
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Lady_Glorianna

This is going to be so much fun!  I can see us getting all of those willing to spread stuff about the queen all over Revel Grove, maybe even stage some bribes ;)
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

jmkhalfmoon

I have a silly (probably stupid questions)....why don't they post the photos of the actors in the MDRF cast?  Seems to me it would make it more fun/easier to follow the story line if you could get an idea of who is who and what they look like so you can recognize them when you arrive in the Grove.

Lady_Glorianna

Quote from: jmkhalfmoon on June 04, 2008, 01:07:52 PM
I have a silly (probably stupid questions)....why don't they post the photos of the actors in the MDRF cast?  Seems to me it would make it more fun/easier to follow the story line if you could get an idea of who is who and what they look like so you can recognize them when you arrive in the Grove.

We don't start rehearsals until the first week and generally won't know who we are playing until maybe a week before that (with the exception of his majesty). For some, costumes are being finished and fitted up to opening weekend. The cast is listed in the program. To help follow the storyline, look for a crown to be with the title of the show. In addition to this, (at least for the last 4 years) after the morning dance there is a photo op where most of the court lines up. As any of the courtiers faciliate people wanting a picture with his majesty we would be most happy to speak with you and tell you who is who.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

analise

Quote from: Lady_Glorianna on June 09, 2008, 01:44:28 PM

We don't start rehearsals until the first week and generally won't know who we are playing until maybe a week before that (with the exception of his majesty). For some, costumes are being finished and fitted up to opening weekend. The cast is listed in the program. To help follow the storyline, look for a crown to be with the title of the show. In addition to this, (at least for the last 4 years) after the morning dance there is a photo op where most of the court lines up. As any of the courtiers faciliate people wanting a picture with his majesty we would be most happy to speak with you and tell you who is who.

I should really take advantage of that photo op thing. I don't have any with His Majesty. Of course, it's usually kids up there and I'd hate to get in the way of all that adoreableness. :)

Lady_Glorianna

Quote from: analise on June 09, 2008, 02:11:31 PM
Quote from: Lady_Glorianna on June 09, 2008, 01:44:28 PM

I should really take advantage of that photo op thing. I don't have any with His Majesty. Of course, it's usually kids up there and I'd hate to get in the way of all that adoreableness. :)

Many seem to think so but the truth be that this is for all. I have introduced from babies (months old) to "golden" adults and I have to say that this is one of those opportunities where his majesty enjoys talking to one and all and especially ladies ;)
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

Sir Dragon

Also, the opening gate show will set the tone of the story and introduce many of the characters

Benedict Browne

I hope that the MDRF Artistic Staff takes notice of the year 2011.  This will be the 500th Anniversary of the "Great Westminster Toudata; name="sc"

5fe2bbdff9a5e12e96e1b53dd3c9c3a8
Scott McD.

(Master Benedict Browne - Sgt. Trumpeter)

lordwriothsley

I like that little tidbit from the clue of the MDRF storyline.It sounds scandalous and scandalous i like,Wow it's gonna be alot of fun. ;D
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"