News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Closing Weekend Pics

Started by Master James, October 27, 2008, 11:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master James

First I want to thank everyone at PARF for being so welcoming and as always it is a great pleasure to meet up with each of you.  I'll not list everyone here because I KNOW I'll forget someone so lets just say it was a complete pleasure to see and talk to each of you and enjoy your lovely faire one more time this year.  The Queen you had this year was simply AWESOME as she played with the patrons extremely well!  Something that unfortunately was missing in year's past.  If there is anyway to keep her you should!  Anyway, thank one and all for a fantastic time and here are my pictures from the final weekend.

http://community.webshots.com/album/568307772YpGPYD
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady Maerwynn

Master James what great pictures.  I am so glad that you captured the "dragon poop' fight with the mini catapults.  It was a lot of fun to watch.  I agree that this year's Queen was fantastic.  She interacted with the patrons, playtrons, children, etc. etc.   I hope to see her back again next year as well.  And to all the new PARF friends, MDRF, and VARF friends, Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again.
Clan M'Crack - Breeze'n
FoMDRF
FoVarf
IWG #42

RicKim

Great Pictures, Master James! We were fortunate to be there for the final weekend, and I believe it was the best Faire experience we've had yet. Sunday more than made up for the deluge on Saturday, and we met up with a few new friends for drinks at the Swashbuckler. We'll definatly get a season pass next year, and hope to visit MDRF as well. Maybe even attend the gathering there.

Fare Thee well, til next year...
Sir Richard and Lady Kimberly Anne of Astonia

Lady de la Warr

T'was a splendid PARF season indeed! And I must echo the sentiments expressed about this year's Queen. She is absolutely marvelous! I totally enjoyed playing with her - she accepted a visiting queen in her shire most graciously and she is such a joy to interact with! I also agree that the management at PARF should do their absolute BEST to keep her. She is really awesome!!

FaireGirl69

Great pics there, Master James!
- Dolores in PA

"If they outlaw guns, can we go back to using swords?" - bumper sticker saying

kcdcchef

First off, I am not a photographer, so bear with me. And I am equally fascinated by architecture at the faire as I am by people, so I take pictures of both. I also have some shots up at The Kansas City Renaissance Festival from their closing day. I managed to go to both closing Faires this season, October 13th in Kansas City and October 26th in Pennsylvania.

A little before and after with that amazing Great Pumpkin Man right at the entrance. Taken when we arrived at 1pm, and again at 9:30pm

A far away and a closeup of that cool headless horseman a top the castle entrance

Right before the last joust of the year.

Love the Boar's Head Inn, my favorite PARF stage. Not sure why, just love it.

Back of The Globe. This shot is actually from Celtic Fling. Oh well.

My wife and I about 5 minutes before the last joust of 2008

Sorry I don't have more interactive shots, but I do love it there, and look forward to a return in June 2009 for the fling. Jackie and I come each summer for the fling, and come on closing weekend each fall. Thanks for a nice show, and that picture perfect weather on that last day. ( not weekend, just the last day. last saturday this seaon - yuk )

Lady Amy of York

It was a wonderful weekend. Great seeing you there Master James. Next year we need to both days, and  hang  out more. Maybe go to dinner somewhere.
    Some wonderful pictures.  I recognise a few faces   ;D  The picture of   countess Southhampton is our own PARF moderator  Colleen .
I love the shots of the liitle  girl in pink. she is  a  cutie.
Some good shots of this years queen.

Gee, i missed the marshmallow catapult with the queen. Darn ! 

Gee that crew of  The Lusty Lady looks like a rough bunch ! ;D What was with all the  serious  expressions on some  of  our faces? LOL !
Beeboy was the only one in pirate garb and  witha mug in hand.  Next year we need a picture  of  all of  us  in  our pirate garb.

Hmm..I know your wife took the pictures of us, but it was obvious you had the camera  the rest of the  time  my good friend.For am I the only one who noticed  that the majority of  the pictures were of  pretty  females. ;D ;D For example. pictures # 11  and  20. ;D ::) ::)
No wonder they call you Master Bodice inspector ! ;D ;D ;D

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Master James

Quote from: Lady Amy of York on December 11, 2008, 12:46:24 AM
It was a wonderful weekend. Great seeing you there Master James. Next year we need to both days, and  hang  out more. Maybe go to dinner somewhere.
    Some wonderful pictures.  I recognise a few faces   ;D  The picture of   countess Southhampton is our own PARF moderator  Colleen .
I love the shots of the liitle  girl in pink. she is  a  cutie.
Some good shots of this years queen.

Gee, i missed the marshmallow catapult with the queen. Darn ! 

Gee that crew of  The Lusty Lady looks like a rough bunch ! ;D What was with all the  serious  expressions on some  of  our faces? LOL !
Beeboy was the only one in pirate garb and  witha mug in hand.  Next year we need a picture  of  all of  us  in  our pirate garb.

Hmm..I know your wife took the pictures of us, but it was obvious you had the camera  the rest of the  time  my good friend.For am I the only one who noticed  that the majority of  the pictures were of  pretty  females. ;D ;D For example. pictures # 11  and  20. ;D ::) ::)
No wonder they call you Master Bodice inspector ! ;D ;D ;D

Yes we'll definitely have to get together for dinner next time.  Well I think the M'Crack weekend falls on pirate weekend this coming year so if that is true you'll get to see me in my kilt and pirate garb too!  As to the pictures, what else should I take pictures of than the lovely lasses of the shire, oh and the occassional show.  My wife says I should entitle my pictures the Breast of Faire!  ROFLMAO!!!!!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

lordwriothsley

Even though I am late finding this thread those were wonderful pictures Master James.Thanks for sharing them with us.I so wish that I could have been at PARF on that weekend,you all looked like you had a lot of fun on those two days.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"