News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Halloween

Started by HannahLeeDee, October 29, 2008, 10:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alisoun

As with every Halloween, I have one party costume and one work appropriate costume.  For the party, my fiance and I went as The Monarch and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch (from the Venture Bros. cartoon).  For the costume contest at work, I made a Murloc costume (World of Warcraft creature).
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." --William James

Dustin

We wore our ren garb for taking the kids trick-or-treating (we go to a local mall and the local radio group), with the addition of everyone's new cloaks. We went over to my wife's parents to hand out candy on the 30th (that's when her city has trick-or-treating), and I just wore black jeans, black shoes, a black grim reaper t-shirt and my black cloak. For work Halloween day, I wore my Victorian garb (black pants, grey striped white shirt, red & black floral Victorian bow-tie, long black top coat, and a top hat). With my goatee, people kept calling me Abe. For Halloween night, we went to the Halloween parade, and we all just wore Halloween t-shirts (it was a pretty warm night). I wore my grim reaper t-shirt and cloak again.
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Tim T

Quote from: Alisoun on November 02, 2008, 06:15:19 PM
As with every Halloween, I have one party costume and one work appropriate costume.  For the party, my fiance and I went as The Monarch and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch (from the Venture Bros. cartoon).  For the costume contest at work, I made a Murloc costume (World of Warcraft creature).

Wow!

I seriously considered making a 'The Monarch' costume for Halloween, but was too busy with other Halloween preparations to put the time into it.  Also, I'd get tired of explaining who the Monarch was- not that he can really be readily explained.  I'll bet that was a tough costume to put together- but I think those challenges are the most fun!

I ended up going as Indiana Jones.  It turned out really well as I was able to use clothes that I had on hand to make the bulk of the costume, I just had to add a bag and a whip.  Not one of those halloween store whips, but a real 10' leather whip.  Cool stuff!
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Sitara

I ended up going as a hunter that had been shot, complete with gaping chest wound.  I ended up getting 2nd place in a costume contest so I guess my makeup and blood work was pretty good.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

jcbanner

sadly, the party I was making the costume for was canceled. oh well, mayby I'll find some other excuse to wear that vest I made. it turned out too nicely not to use