News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Harp and Fiddle dates

Started by Terry Griffith, October 30, 2008, 03:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Celynn

[b]Terry thank you once again for a fun filled evening spent with our "Special" Renn family.  We really enjoyed your performance on Thursday, it brought a little bit of the faire to a cold and dismal almost winter evening.  Seamus as always was so funny on Friday, my side still hurts from laughing.

We look forward to both your next show 12/18 and Seamus on 1/2/09.
[/color][/i][/b]

Terry Griffith

Believe me, it was my pleasure.  Thank you all for coming.  Both nights.

For those of you who couldn't make it, here's a little sample of the evening with Seamus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nsghXQh7Js
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Sir Raymond Keeper of Images

When is the next time everyone is going to the Harp and Fiddle?

Terry Griffith

Sir Raymond,

I'll be there on January 15th.  That's a Thursday night starting at 8:30.  I'm hoping everybody will show up.

Patrick

HOoOka

I'll see if I can get some of my "gang" together then.
thursdays are hard though.

mumsies

We will miss you all-Terry, sorry to let you down this time. Brie is having her gallbladder removed tomorrow, spent the weekend in the hospital, and has housewarming coming up next weekend...she and John bought a new house in West View...so, looks like I have my hands a little full. Keep her in your thoughts, and we will be thinking of all of you! Hope next month might work out a little better!

Terry Griffith

In light of the predicted weather I don't know if this is good or bad but they have me starting at 8:00 and playing until 11:00.  The weather looks bad but the worst will be over before the evening and the roads should be open by then.  Don't risk your life for a good time and miss a lot of good times because of it.

I hope to see you all but if you can't make it I would rather see you safe.

See you soon.

Slainte

April

I may not be there.  I have practice tonight.  Unless it is cancelled, I will not be there.
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Terry Griffith

You could suggest that they have practice at the Harp.  I'll even let them do a tune as a group.  Wouldn't that be great?  We could get the sopranos liquered up and doing the motions to Black Velvet Band and the basses can tear up Wild Rover.

April

hahahaha! that WOULD be fun!   :D
I am still hoping that it gets cancelled...  the music director is sick and I'm hoping she feels too sick to have it! 

April

hahahahhaha!!! woop woop! practice is cancelled!  I be there!   *dancin' in my chair*    :D

Professor M

Quote from: Terry Griffith on January 14, 2009, 09:50:43 PM
In light of the predicted weather I don't know if this is good or bad but they have me starting at 8:00 and playing until 11:00.  The weather looks bad but the worst will be over before the evening and the roads should be open by then.  Don't risk your life for a good time and miss a lot of good times because of it.

I hope to see you all but if you can't make it I would rather see you safe.

Terry, it's so nice of you to think of us.  But honestly, what's the weather issue?  It's going to be cold.  OK, it's going to be dangerously cold.  But I'm not walkin' there, and it's warm in my car.  I'll see you tonight!
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

paulg

Hey Terry! Had good time and enjoyed seeing so many of you again! Let us know when you're playing next.

Terry Griffith

On Thursday I debuted a new song at the Harp.  It's called "Smoke a Cigarette" and it was video taped for YouTube.  Here is the link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XXSNOVyeIg

Check it out and leave a comment.