News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Harp and Fiddle dates

Started by Terry Griffith, October 30, 2008, 03:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumsies

I thought this might be an appropriate time to bring this back up to the top-I believe Terry is playing the Harp this Thursday, Feb. 12-it may be a good time for all of us to spend some time together, raise a glass, and share some memories. I know Bill and I are going to try to be there.

kilted one

We alas will not.  We are chaperoning a high school Valentine's Day dance.
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

paulg

Unfortunately prior obligations will prevent me from attending on Thursday (Terry, Friday gigs!). Sue should be able to make it however.

Professor M

I'm modifying this post.  While I may not make it, my chances are looking better.  See you Thursday (fingers crossed)!
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

April

With school in full swing, I will not be able to make it...    :'(
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Lady Celynn

Laurie and I are going to try to make it.

spodonnell

I have a meeting to attend at 9:30. If I can, I'll make it afterward. If not, I'll be there in spirit.

mumsies

Well, that was not quite the plan! Sorry we missed you Terry...I am sure it would have been a great night out, as always. Unfortunately...deer and headlights don't make a good mix. Luckily, we are all in one piece, and hopefully, the van won't need too much repair...and hopefully we will see you all soon! Mumsies

Terry Griffith

I just found out my next date at the Harp will be March 19.  That's Trivia night so come early and wear your thinking cap.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Terry Griffith

After the St. Patrick's Day madness is over and we return to what we like to call normal, we can once again take over the Harp and Fiddle on March 19th.  It is Trivia night so you know what that means.  Come before 7:30 if you want to play and if you don't want to play, wait until 9 and most of the Trivia players will be gone and there will be seats and parking places.

I'll play the "Song of Sir Wulf" so you can hear the words this time.

See you there.

kcdcchef

do any of you go see ceann or scythian when they are at harp and fiddle? just curious, as, i know they are pennsylvania renaissance faire acts. didnt know if their popularity spilled over to the burgh ren faire crowd.

Terry Griffith

Quote from: kcdcchef on March 16, 2009, 10:17:22 PM
do any of you go see ceann or scythian when they are at harp and fiddle? just curious, as, i know they are pennsylvania renaissance faire acts. didnt know if their popularity spilled over to the burgh ren faire crowd.

Both bands play the Harp but not as frequently as other bands.  I know they are both excellent and I have heard Ceann several times.  I've heard a lot about Scythian, all good but they don't seem like as much of a Ren Faire act. 

I don't see many other acts at the Harp because I'm usually playing somewhere else but  there are several Ceann fans on this forum. 

kcdcchef

Quote from: Terry Griffith on March 17, 2009, 01:55:30 AM

Both bands play the Harp but not as frequently as other bands.  I know they are both excellent and I have heard Ceann several times.  I've heard a lot about Scythian, all good but they don't seem like as much of a Ren Faire act. 

I don't see many other acts at the Harp because I'm usually playing somewhere else but  there are several Ceann fans on this forum. 

yeah, scythian is a great ren faire act. ceann too. i think it is great they are building their base this far west. more of a celtic rock thing, but they draw huge crowds at celtic fling and at the pennsylvania renaissance faire.

The Ferret

We have a crowd anytime Ceann plays the Harp and Fiddle.
Scythian I don't think I caught yet in the city, but saw them this past weekend in DC.