News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Site for MDRF?

Started by SirBlackFox, October 30, 2008, 03:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dallan

Well, I have mixed feelings about this. I certainly want to see the faire grow. A new location would give an opportunity to improve some issues and it might be fun to have additional activities, shops etc. However I too am nervous as to what the move may bring. We live in Sykesville and we are almost an hour away. A move to Calvert or PG County would make the drive pretty long. Getting to faire for tailgate would mean a very early departure for us.
Fight'n

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Well maybe this is just more talk. I hope they consider our central location to Wash., Md. and Va. :-\ Oh well we can only hope they stay close by. :(
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Master James

Well if they move to Frederick County that would make it a WHOLE lot easier for me to get there, no beltway.  ;D  Where ever they do move to, I hope they don't go too far though that is for sure.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Amras Elfwine

The story made the b-free Daily today.

Page 10. basically what we already know.
The Faire Management has hired an agent to search for property, with a preference to buy rather than lease. They are looking for 150 acres, with at least 80-90 acres cleared and at least 25 acres of it "mature woodland".

R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Cherry'n M'Crack

I too love our current location.  It just has so much character.  Would hate to see it move, but would be curious to see what could come of a new location.  Bigger could be better, but could be worse.  Hmmmm....such a dilema.
Cherry'n M'Crack
O'Morda Clan
MDRF

Amras Elfwine

Getting RenDezvous for next year takes on a special significance now...we can show the place off well and proper  to folks who might never have gotten to see Revel Grove...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

Master James

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on November 04, 2008, 03:45:35 PM
Getting RenDezvous for next year takes on a special significance now...we can show the place off well and proper  to folks who might never have gotten to see Revel Grove...

Amen to that my friend!  I'm sure whatever new site they come up with will be nice but it will not be the Revel Grove we have all come to love.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

robert of armstrong

With this being a different village, at another location, is it appropriate to continue to call it Revel Grove?  Or does another town being built justify a different name?
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Lady_Glorianna

More than likely because of it's history, if we move, the owners might still call it Revel Grove.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Scotsman

*wipes tear from eye*

Sniffle, sniffle, sniffle!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Feline Groovy

Careful, Scotsman!  You'll water down your drink!
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Scotsman

Quote from: Feline Groovy on November 18, 2008, 08:07:09 AM
Careful, Scotsman!  You'll water down your drink!

Thanks lass ... just in a bit of turmoil over this possible move ... love the ole site  :'(
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

rgander1

Quote from: Scotsman on October 31, 2008, 12:49:36 PM
Well I call dibs on the Manny statue ... it would look great next to my kegerator!
I second That motion!!! I have video proof that Scotsman takes great care in making sure Manny is well protected from the elements in top of the line under-wire weather guards.
Ryan Anderson of Big Thicket Blacksmith Shoppe (a branch of Hillbilly Highlander Forge)

Peddlin

Whatever the location, as long as we can gather together, it will be wonderful!   :-*
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Amras Elfwine

Call it anything....except "Odenton"... 8)
R/F member since 2004