News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Site for MDRF?

Started by SirBlackFox, October 30, 2008, 03:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dallan

If we had a vote I would vote Frederick. It's a lot closer to me in Sykesville than say somewhere in PG County.
Fight'n

Dallan

I heard a rumor that the search has been halted because something had been worked out with the current landlord. Anyone else heard anything? The website still has the original information saying that they are looking for another site.
Fight'n

SirBlackFox

Quote from: Dallan on April 22, 2009, 11:27:41 AM
I heard a rumor that the search has been halted because something had been worked out with the current landlord. Anyone else heard anything? The website still has the original information saying that they are looking for another site.

That is but a rumour. . . I have that info on authority.  If the search has been halted it's only because the mgmt is directing their attentions to the upcoming season instead.  The website is the only real source of info. that you can count on.
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

SirBlackFox

Festival with more than 250,000 visitors is looking at sites in FredCo

Frederick County could be the site of jousters and people in medieval costumes if the Maryland Renaissance Festival relocates. The event draws about 285,000 visitors during its nine-weekend operation.

Jules Smith, general manager of the annual fall festival, said Thursday that the festival owners are looking at nine sites, three of which are in Frederick County.

He would not disclose where the sites are, but said they range from expanding at the festival's current location in Crownsville in Anne Arundel County, to "north of Hagerstown and in Calvert County," Smith said.

The festival owners still have a lease on the property in Crownsville, "so it will be years before anything would happen. It is a long process," Smith said.

The Rest of the story:  http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/displayUpdate.htm?StoryID=89948
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Dallan

Thanks SBF. I'm pulling for Frederick County. Calvert County would be a long drive for me. I was hoping for them to land closer to Frederick. Hagerstown is about the same drive time as Crownsville. Yes, I'm all about me.  ;D
Fight'n

Master James

If they go to Frederick County I can avoid the beltway and Redskins Stadium all together!  WAHOOO!  And Dallan its about me not you!   ::)
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Peddlin

Well, I think it's about me, and I don't have anything to do with it, except for the fact that I am the center of the universe!
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Dallan

Well I'm certainly drawn to you.
Fight'n

Peddlin

I love it when that happens!   :-* :-* :-*
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

SirBlackFox

The Maryland Renaissance Festival is scouting Charles and Calvert counties as possibilities for its new home, the group's general manager said.

A move could be several years away but the group has looked at more than 80 sites in six easily accessible counties for possible relocation of the fair, currently based in Crownsville in Anne Arundel County, said Jules Smith Jr., the fair's general manager.

"We're not relocating the show unless we find something that works for us. What we're looking for is something about 150 acres or larger in a rural setting and that's why [Calvert and Charles] counties are appealing to us," he said.

more at:  http://www.somdnews.com/stories/05132009/rectop140503_32179.shtml
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

SO. . .When we were at Varf this past weekend, the lady at COVER DEM BONES told me that MDRF bought a site just over the PA. line for faire. I told her I hadn't heard that and it would no longer be MDRF.Hope theres nothing to that one!
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

mehan

It might be she was taken in by that April Fool's post on the FOF board - like someone I know was......

Scotsman

Ha Ha Mehan ... Joyce it is BS!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

LunasReincarnate

hehe well im crossing my fingers it does come to frederick. cause well i live in frederick! i was excited but worried at the same time when the local paper printed this story some months ago. as much as i would like it to be closer to me. i really HATE my town and hate the area and dont know where they would put such a massive village. frederick is already overdeveloped as it is. i really do like the atmosphere in crownsville i dont know how it would be if it moved.....
"My Lords, do whatever you wish. As for me, I shall do no otherwise than pleases me. "