News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Camelot Days in Ft. Lauderdale! Who's going?

Started by mollymishap, November 01, 2008, 10:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mollymishap

I'll be there both days probably.  Anyone else?  Nov 15 & 16th are the dates, at TY Park.

Auryn

Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

leinad

Escarlata and I will be attending on the 15th.
Leinad, Gen"Teer"man Ranger

treb knight

Hello
I will be their with "Anger of the Mistress", a siege weapon company. We will be demonstrating one of our trebuchets. this will be our third year at Camelot. Come by our camp and say hello.
Treb Knight

Queen Maggie

I am intending to be there, to see what it's like. I'm wondering if I'd be interested in trying to sell them my act next year, and which one might be appropriate.

Further news, it very much looks like I'm going to be working the run of FLARF this year. Auditions finished yesterday.
Queen Maggie
wench#617, Bard #013
aka Mistress Mannerly, Goodlief Bailey, Cousin Undine Mannerly, Mother Lowe

Auryn

If things continue as they appear.
I will be there by myself on Sunday.
Feel free to stop me and say "hi" Im always up for meeting new local rennies.

I'll be in a green cloak, black boots, dark brown patchwork corset and pants. Ill be carrying either a bow or a quarterstaff

Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

mollymishap

OK, so it looks like I'll be there both days, but I still don't know who/what I'll be playing or even wearing.  Nothing like last-minute decisions, huh?  But I'll probably be found around the Chessmatch.  See you all there!

Queen Maggie

Due to a  golf date for my husband, and the projected heat on Saturday and pleasant weather Sunday, that's whn I'll be showing up. Hope to run into some of you there.
Queen Maggie
wench#617, Bard #013
aka Mistress Mannerly, Goodlief Bailey, Cousin Undine Mannerly, Mother Lowe

Escarlata

We had a marvelous time yesterday wandering the Faire with the wee ones and seeing what was to be seen. Unfortunately, they've not yet learned the joys of settling to watch a show, there's too much to do. Both of the children were fascinated by the parrots in the back corner by the Adrian Empire encampment and we returned there numerous times.

Mollymishap, you were a joy to meet and you're right, your crystal ball does have all the answers.

The Shield Bearer did slow down long enough to to enjoy the show you were with, Treb Knight.

Hope everyone has a great time today, let us know how it went.

Mollymishap as the Crystal Faerie

TrebKnight (closest to the lake) and the rest of "Anger of the Mistress"

A wizard and his Lady (still searching, Queen Bonnie)

One of the largest belly dance troupes I've seen *chuckling* we got to see it because Leinad needed to sit and work with his socks. Forced stillness for a seven and a three-year-old.

Both children enjoyed the archery booth

The Parrots were very gentle, though the one I'm holding adored shinies and got quite indignant when denied access to them

Dad as seen by the Shield Bearer

Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

mollymishap

It was WONDERFUL to see y'all at the faire!  Thanks for posting those pics, Esc!  You two and Queen Maggie are the only R/F people I met this weekend. 

And I'm SO sorry that I didn't stop to chat with you, TrebKnight--I didn't have access to my account until just now (I'm travelling) and I remembered it as you had a BOOTH & were selling little trebuchets (ala Scotsquatch).  I never made the connection with you & that HUMONGOUS device!  I'll make sure to remember correctly for next time & stop by to meet in person. 

Also Auryn, I tried to look for you but not unlike TrebKnight, I couldn't remember what you said you'd be wearing.  Did you make it at all?  I hope we interacted even if we didn't realize who each other was.

It looked like the gate was good.  The weather was GLORIOUS on Sunday, and there was a good crowd of patrons, so let's all pray, chant, light a candle or whatever to hope that this little faire is able to ride the economic storm (that seems to be hitting so many shows HARD) so that we can all meet again next year!

HUZZAH to all of you!

Auryn

ohhh man
it looks like it was wonderful.

I tried but wasn't able to make it. I didn't get home from port st.lucie until 11 am or so.
I live a little over an hr away from the hollywood and I had to be back home by 5 pm.

I'm so glad you all had such a great time.

Thank you for posting pics.
I wish I had made it.

treb knight

It was nice to meet Escarlata and Leinad, great pics.  We had a good time both days but Sunday was great. Lots of patrons and beautiful weather.

treb knight

Molly
Sorry we missed each other, maybe next year.