News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

"Antique Rogues Show" at TRF

Started by Lala, November 03, 2008, 03:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lala

I just heard today that a certain bagpipe band's near-original line-up will be performing at TRF Highland Fling weekend (Nov 15-16) as the "Antique Rogues Show".

This is a show not to be missed!!!

Yippee!!!

~Lala
Sound & Fury Poster Girl - Texas edition

TRF Performance Co. 1992 - 2000

Aiacha

*scratches her chin*  Hmmmm, well, I know of a certain person who will be there that weekend, but he's not an "original"...

Lala

"near-original" meaning Randy, Lars, Jimmy & Bryan. For most folks, this is the "Classic Rogues".

Lala

Aiacha - who is the "certain person" you are thinking of?

Aiacha

EJ - he's in town and playing with Instapitta...he was around this past weekend and I'm pretty sure he said he'd be around for Highland Weekend.  He's not original, really, but maybe he'll play with them as well.

Oh, and YAY!  Lars and Bryan!!  I caught the Rogues in their current incarnation at MDRF and it seemed...empty.  They only had one piper and a fiddle with the drums that day.

Lala

I figured you were talking about EJ. His history with The Rogues goes back to before he could drive! And if memory serves he is an "original original" - playing with Lars in the original Clandestine that eventually became The Rogues. (My band history is a bit fuzzy, so don't take that as absolute fact.)

So I've left a v/m for EJ to see if he'll be around this weekend. Yeah! Potential for EJ hugs!!

Tipsy Gypsy

"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

ravic

Quote from: Lala on November 03, 2008, 03:31:00 PM
I just heard today that a certain bagpipe band's near-original line-up will be performing at TRF Highland Fling weekend (Nov 15-16) as the "Antique Rogues Show".

This is a show not to be missed!!!

Yippee!!!

~Lala
Do you know what stage?

brigaqueen1

This is the email I received from Brian:

Well it's official.

Jeff Baldwin has graciously allowed us to perform at TRF for the Highland fling weekend.

It's gonna be Jimmy, Lars, Randy and yours truly. Jimmy has a gig in Houston early Sat but should make it out. I have gotten the okay from all the guys and we'll even have some slots for us to play on, not sure if their stages or what, but who cares. Were doing this for the McClughs, so please get the word out! It's the weekend of Nov.15 & 16. More to follow. BC

I also heard, if they can, they might be able to jump on the stage at the Sea Devil...which will be fabulous if they did that!
*Stephanie*
I'd rather laugh with the sinners, then cry with the saints.

raevyncait

Well, dang, I won't make it down there that weekend at all. 

I do know that EJ's with Istanpitta every day through the 22nd, though
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Zardoz

That's great news! really looking forward to that weekend!
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Aiacha

Quote from: brigaqueen1 on November 03, 2008, 06:03:07 PM
I also heard, if they can, they might be able to jump on the stage at the Sea Devil...which will be fabulous if they did that!

OK, it just wouldn't get any better than that!

Lala

Tipsy Gypsy - nope, no Tommy "Red Beard" Campbell. I miss him, too. He was such a good piper, and a really nice guy.

I ran into Bryan this past Saturday. He said Jimmy won't be out until about 5 pm on Saturday, but they'll all be there on Sunday.

I talked to EJ last week and put the bug in his ear about sitting in with the Rogues for a set this weekend. He said after his Istanpitta shows are over he might be able to. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!

~Lala

brigaqueen1

I gotta dig out my MacClugh tartan....lord knows where that is in my messy closet lol.....This is gonna be one of the best weekends yet i'm guessin'!  ;D
*Stephanie*
I'd rather laugh with the sinners, then cry with the saints.

CahirDochartaigh

when/where are they playin? anybody know yet?

Ar n Duthcas!