News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pirate Festival in St. Pete

Started by Squire Mickey, November 03, 2008, 07:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squire Mickey

Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Anna Iram

Looks like they let you carry weapons!

Glad to see you all had fun.  :)

Celtic_Fae

Yes, Anna, they did let us carry weapons, per the regular peace-tying rules: either have it peace-tied in an acceptable manner or they zip-tied it for you.

Auryn

Yes weapons were allowed, ours were completely secured but they zip tied us anyway- oh well.

the firing demonstration was awesome

Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Anna Iram on December 02, 2008, 09:38:08 PM
Looks like they let you carry weapons!

Glad to see you all had fun.  :)

The sword I am carring there is actually made of wood. I used matalic paint on it to look like steel and brass...
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

MargaretheDietrich

Quote from: Auryn on December 03, 2008, 10:46:24 AM
Yes weapons were allowed, ours were completely secured but they zip tied us anyway- oh well.

the firing demonstration was awesome

I've been to shows where our weapons are securely tied and they zip tie them anyway. It's not YOU (the safe, responsible patron) they're worried about, TRUST me. But I know how frustrating that can be when you know that you're one of the safe ones.
And I usually work at FPF as one of the Jennies (the redhead all in green)
I took this year off due to expecting my son. The hubby is usually the Captain of the redcoats and played Commodore Chamberlaine this year (the Navy guy who fought Vane) I was out to visit a few weeks after having him and back in my corset no less. WHOOT!
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! Hope to see all of you next year.
Lord willing, we'll meet at BARF so I'll recognize everyone! Exy knows me as does Seamus ;-)
I haven't gotten to meet near enough of the non-cast people that I talk to on here and am hoping to rectify that.