News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Spinning wheel delima

Started by Angelhood, November 05, 2008, 09:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelhood

Help from my fellow spinners!!!!!!

Either my cats or my kids managed to break an important part on my Ashford Traditional wheel. So far in searching online, all I've found is a maintenance kit that doesn't include anything this intense. The part in question is the bigger of the two ring-thingies that holds the spindle in place....I don't even know what it's proper name is. Can't spin without it though. Anyone know how to find replacement parts online?

Spinster

Email the company directly. The addy is helpline@ashford.co.nz - they should be able to replace parts of the maiden with no problem.
I've been turned into a cow. May I be excused?

Angelhood

Angelhood

Well, I tried that address...just copied and pasted....and it came back user unknown....any ideas?

Wolfden

Try their website www.ashford.co.nz.

Here is their US distributor's info:

Foxglove Fiberarts Supply
8040 NE Day Road West, Suite 4F
Bainbridge Island
Washington 98110
Tel:(+1-206) 780-2747
Fax:(+1-206) 780-2848

http://www.foxglovefiber.com/

You can also search the Foxglove Fiber website by zip code for a store near you.

Magister

The local distributer is good.  If there is a store near you even better.  Take the wheel in and they can order whatever it is you need.

Otherwise...

You may also want to try this information depending on how old your wheel is:

If you have a spinning wheel or any Ashford product that is no longer in production and you need a replacement part, send us a request.  We will confirm availability and cost.

Contact us at: oddparts@ashford.co.nz

Additionally, there is the general sales email: sales@ashford.co.nz

... If you aren't sure which part it is you need, if you can take a picture of where it is broken and post it here, Spinster or I can probably tell you what to ask for specifically.

Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade